Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. 1954_new_ton

1954_new_ton

Howdy all,

I'm in the beginning stages of rebuiding a 1954 Chevy 3800 with a 9ft bed. I picked her up in Memphis, TN about a month ago. I just moved to VA from Texas by way of Alabama so I'm Texan by blood but Gulf and East Coast by passage. The story of this build is that about two years ago, I was looking to get an old 1/2 ton Chevy, but I ended up using the money I saved up on a ring. Now, I'm married and out of nowhere, my wife adamantly says that I should get an old Chevy. (I'm pretty sure her words were, get your toy now before the kids start appearing, lol :eek:). So after alot of searching, I find my truck, a 1954 1 ton Chevy with a 350 and almost now rust at all to speak of. The bad side is that although she runs and drives, the last owners did some serious barn yard mechanics on her. I have never seen bailing wire and duck tape used in the ways they are on my truck. My goal now is to get her painted and up and running minus the bailing wire within two years. Anyways, thanks for letting me in!

2. 1954_new_ton

1954_new_ton

Thanks for the welcome. As far as location, yeah I get that alot. "shrug with a grin"

3. Welcome from Michigan.

4. 1954_new_ton

1954_new_ton

5. Welcome from Fredericksburg :cool:

6. shocker998md

shocker998md

welcome from Snow Hill sometimes. I have family up there, Im down in NC now. Theres a few people on the eastern shore that are into the good stuff. Not many on here though, Ive got a buddy in Girdletree that has a few rods. The Ocean City crusin normally is a strike out if you travel far, but its in our neck of the woods so I try to go and theres a few good cars and trucks that show up.

Somtimes theres some cool stuff that shows up at the Kmart cruise in in Salisbury MD. You may have to travel to see some good events, but there definatly worth it. Like the Jalopy showdown and the drags, its not that bad of a drive.

Kenny

7. Welcome from Winchester!

8. Hello and welcome aboard the H.A.M.B.!

9. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

10. anthonyg

anthonyg
    from arizona

Welcome from az... That's a great looking pickup