Register now to get rid of these ads!

unadvertized secrert abilities

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 2, 2010.

1. fried chicken from the gas station is the best hand cleaner.

NOXON metal polish from menards is great for cleaning brake dust off chrome wheels, just wipes off the worst stains

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

yea, but all the taps in his house smell like dead fish...:rolleyes:

3. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Preheating your rattle can paint in a pan of near boiling water makes it lay out nice and cover more evenly.

Dad used to wet a rag with diesel and wipe down his fleet truck. The boss always thought he waxed it.

4. you owe me a nice cup of coffee!!!

5. spray wd-40 in your distributor cap when you get it wet at the carwash. It will make you a believer that WD-40n does exactly what it claims it does.

6. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

I've read a lot of recipes for hand cleaner products in this thread but the best I've found is ATF. Used or new. It works great even on the grunge under fingernails and will wipe off with any old rag or paper towel.

Light an old oily rag and then put out the flame to let it smoulder. The smoke will clear out gnats and other flying biters for 20 to 30 feet around the area.

Wipe your hand tools down with rain-x, makes cleanup a breeze because grease won't stick to them.

1 gallon of vinegar will flush out your cooling system very well. Just drain the system, pour it in, get the engine up to operating temp and let run for 10 minutes then flush. You'll be amazed how much rust and gunk will come out.

I'll add more later, as I remember them.

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You sound just like my Grandfather. Ahh the memories.

He died of Leukemia, thought to be caused by long-term exposure to automotive chemicals, at age 69.

8. Bar Ditch

Bar Ditch
    from Tacoma

In a bucket that you keep outside, pour your old gas and mix with sawdust. Throw a scoop in your stove before you start a fire.

9. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Step 1. Pour Clorox on asphalt.
    Step 2. Get your hot rod.
    Step 3. Light em' up.

Clorox will really make your tires smoke!!!

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

astroglide to mount small tires, or large ones, it was originally designed to help squeeze astronauts into their space suits, and is designed to not damage rubber, it's other use was discovered by accident, maby a rocket scientist got lucky and was desperate? you may now commence jokes on this post :D

11. terryr

terryr
    from earth

For leather any kitchen oil protects and softens it as well as the expensive products. Olive oil, canola, or baby oil can be bought at the dollar store.
    I even saw one custom saddle maker recommend canola for their very expensive saddles. And you can rub it in with your hands.

To make leather really waterproof, use a heat gun to melt candle wax onto, then into the leather.

Screws in the shoe soles stops slipping on ice. '8 x 1/2 hex head self tapping' is what I use, and most shoes and boots have thick soles these days.
    Makes a clack clack sound in the stores though.

12. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

hope no one thinks it's a cigarette bucket? :eek:

13. "Pile of dry wall repells friends" Hot girlfriend attracts them. Mix the two and you have an audience while you put up drywall.

14. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

Whoa, ok, I know this was posted awhile back and no one else said anything, maybe I'm the only animal lover here but this is just fucking cruel and in most places, it's a felony now.

And if you think your pet or child has ever been poisoned with ethelyn glycol, if the kidneys have not been too severely damaged, the cure is to actually have the victim ingest alcohol, it will help flush the kidneys, most human doctors know this, and hopefully most vets are being trained on this now as well.

If you can't be compassionate to an unknowing animal, even a stray, how can you ever expect to show any to your fellow man when he needs it.

15. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

A welder, and the ability to use it attracs.........ummm, you who have and know.........know.

16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Goof Off will certainly get paint outa your hair, but don't let it drip down to your "nether regions", or you'll be doin' an involountary jig.

At least, that's what I heard...:eek:

17. Best post yet!

These are things I learned as a kid:
    You can spray a cockroach with Zyglo and knock him out. Spraying them with Lysol would make them re-awake.

A mouse can survive a ride in the capsule of an Estes rocket, but he's a soup sandwich for the rest of his life.

A Taco minibike can run on Toulene, Lacquer Thinner, Acetone, MEK, and Kodak film developing fluid. That same mini bike can run for many years with a broken throttle cable by manually operating the carburetor with your right hand while riding.

Testors model paint will NOT hurt a turtle, and his custom paint job will make him very easy to find in the woods a few years later.

Winding .032 safety wire into the string reel on Dad's weedeater will tear some shit up. When the Apocalypse hits, that's what I'm going to be packin'

Wiring your Lionel train transformer to the motor in your older brother's Erector Set will grenade it worse than Don Garlit's clutch explosion in '71.

Shooting the brass end of a 12-gauge shell from 20 feet with your Crossman 760 is never a good idea.

18. 32ratsass

32ratsass

Used (or new) DOT 3 brake fluid works wonders for cleaning tires, and making them look brand new, if you don't like the "cheap plastic, shiny look of commercial tire cleaner/dressings. ( I don't!). Just wipe on to remove dirt and stains, then dry with a soft cloth. Looks great, preserves the rubber, and prevents weather checking. For cleaning oil, grease, and road tar from carpet, upholstery, paint etc, use 3M Adhesive Remover. Use by saturating the part of the cloth being used to wipe the stain, and it will look like new when finished. DO NOT SQUIRT CLEANER DIRECTLY ON THE CARPET, OR UPHOLSTERY, AS IT WILL SATURATE ALL THE WAY THROUGH, AND SOFTEN/DISOLVE THE FABRIC BACKING.

19. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

an english wheel is kick ass for turning your finger into a blood squirt gun.

20. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

want a cool paint job? sand down your car. prime it.. the melt red candle wax all over it.. then paint it black.. orwhat ever you want.. when it heats up.. it'll look like it's bleeding.

21. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is an unadvertized secrect ability, if I have ever heard one. Being cruel to animals is how an alarming number of serial killers have gotten their start.

22. But these starting serial killers don't just poison poison the animals.
    they actually have to torture them,i.e boiling animals alive to really taste the suffering and stuff like that...
    I assume thats what they do:D

23. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

Brake clean works great for cleaning out wounds. As far as the animal topic goes; I'm often more compassionate to animals than people. Animals love unconditionally while most people use love as manipulation.

24. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

Oh yeah, I would forget the funniest one of all. Bologna can be used to remove paint. My math teacher in high school drove a tan 66 dart with 5 inch grey/rust polka dots all over it for years because some smartass decided to open up two packs of bologna and put them all over his car one day. The car sat in with the bologna on it all day whilst the sun did baketh the emulsified chicken and pork. When he washed them off that afternoon the paint was eaten off down to the bare metal leaving only a little primer in spots. I still giggle to myself every time I think about it.

25. peddlr

peddlr

Preparation H works well for small burns...Also a raw potato grated and made into a compress will do wonders for a burn. After about 30 minutes, The potato will be blood red and the burn will not even blister. Learned this from my grandmother.

26. Hahaha... forgot about this thread and when I started to re-read it I realized that there couldn't be more lethal ways for curing a simple problem...

Heck the concoctions for anything from killing bees to removing tar are funny but absolutely dangerous!!!!

Soap water in a mist bottle for the bees and butter for the tar... be "SAFE"!

27. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

suprised no one has mentioned this one yet,

marriage= sex repellent

lol.......

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

At last, some information I can really use. :D

29. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Black streaks on the sides of light colored enclosed trailers, motorhomes, campers, that won't wash off with regular car soap can be removed with a product I buy in large quantites in the local dollar stores called "Awesome". Comes in a semi-clear bottle and is a yellowish colored liquid soap. I spray it on straight out of the bottle and give it a minute then use a sponge to wipe it and the black streaks come right off. Rinse and your vehicle is like new again. At a $1 a bottle, I can do a white 24' enclosed trailer for less than $4. Works awesome. :D

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  30. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can't be serious. It is neurotoxic. Don't do this.