Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1940 Chevy car photo thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim G, Nov 30, 2011.

1. bob1940cab

bob1940cab

Nice Bob, did you rebuild them both?
    Tim,
    no, mostly check writing now. Did some work on them in my younger days. I have had the 4dr, 41 years, a $300 purchase originally. Interior done in 1975 for about $300 also.. Had the cabriolet about 15 years. Bob

Attached Files:

2. Tim G

Tim G

Mines a special deluxe but doesn't have the trim around the back window, mind you saying that the window rubber has perished so badly a lot of it actually missing so it could have fallen off...

3. Here's a picture or two of my cabriolet. I've had it for almost 33 years now. It's in a remodel phase now and will be black. Have put in new floor edges and rocker panel outers and inners and just a lot of little repairs necessary after 185,000 miles and a lot of hard roads. TomH was the main influence for the chop many years ago

The little pic is what it looked like in when I got it in '79, the one with the Mullins was at Bonneville in '05 and the other was in '07. She's been a good girl.

Charlie

Attached Files:

4. Dyce

Dyce

Thanks Tim. Everything is good. Staying buisy!! Congrats on the wheel!! I'd love to find an old cast machine (in my price range;)). You have any pictures of the wheel?

Cleatus, I don't think any of the models had the trim around the rear window. Dad and I had alot of 40's through the years and none of them had it. You could cut and weld some windsheild or doo trim to fit the rear window.

I'll scan some pictures of some of my Dad's 40 chevys. He had a nice chopped 2dr.

5. Dyce

Dyce

I forgot I had pictures of my delivery. I picked this up last summer.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's a little rough. At the same sale I picked up the correct rear bumper for $30.00, a better back door and a bunch of rear door body trim for $6.00. It's a future project.....

6. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

This was the 40 coupe that I had a few years ago. It had a 72 Nova subframe and a 350 SB with TH400.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 1twisted1

1twisted1

New project that i just picked up!

Attached Files:

8. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Thats awesome cleatus.

9. Tim G

Tim G

Hey Charlie, I saw your cab when you posted on another of my threads when i fiest got the car like 3 years ago, good to know you still have it and look forward to some photos when the remodel is finished.

Yeah would be good to see some pics of your Dad's, i have some pics of the wheel, i'll dig them out. Hey that Delivery is cool as fuck, you don't see too many of them!

Very clean, how long did you have it for?

40 not 40's dude... i think yours is 7-8 years too young...

10. Urhur

Urhur

Here's one more. It runs but doesn't drive just yet.

Attached Files:

11. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Will this work

Attached Files:

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's some brand new ones...

Attached Files:

13. Tim G

Tim G

Shame on you! :D

14. Tim G

Tim G

Hey Urhur, What are your plans apart from the motor?

15. BarryA

BarryA

This belongs to a friend of mine. He's also running a six, Th350 and Jag IFS. Done plenty long distance trips, and this thing drives as sweet as.
    Fun playing in the dirt too.

Attached Files:

16. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

This is my 40 Master 85 Sedan.

Attached Files:

17. yours looks almost like a twin to one a buddy has for sale...in the classifieds..[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Tim G

Tim G

That is one of my favorite 40's i've seen, i was just about to post a photo and ask if anyone knows anything about it... RHD, where is that car?

here's the pic anyway...

[​IMG]

19. Tim G

Tim G

Yo G-lover, i'm a G-lover too as in Glover, take it that's your name too?

so what's the spec of your 40 and got any more pics to share?

20. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Yeah, I agree a great data base, lots of pictures but, seems to be dominated by Easter egg colored streetrod type cars. That sight also has a dashes index with photos of stock dashes from 1920's up.

21. Tim G

Tim G

Here's another one i'd like to know more about if anyone knows the owner, i think it's in Germany...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Tim G

Tim G

Yeah i thought the same, mostly the ones i'd already seen on google searches, not the style of car i'm into...

Hey Bigchuck, i'd like to see more pics of your 41, got any pics online anywhere?

23. Tim G

Tim G

I bolted the front suspension up and dropped the front end on on Saturday to get an idea of the final ride height, unfortunately i don't have any 4 3/4" x5 stud wheels to bolt on as the car was obviously 6 stud originally. should have thought about that sooner!! anyway i'm pretty happy with how it's going to turn out.

[​IMG]

24. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

25. BarryA

BarryA

Yep, guys name is Simon. He runs an outfit called Old Mill Rod & Custom down here in Cape Town. Built the car about 2 1/2 years back - finished at midnight the day before a 2000 mile roadtrip.....
    Played with the stance a little (mostly tyre combos) since then. One of my favourites too Tim!!

26. Tim G

Tim G

Awesome, I've done that with a couple of cars just before a big european road trips, white knuckles for the first part of the journey but if it makes it the first 165 miles to the ferry port you know it should be good for the rest of the trip...

So are the any more photos of the car on the web? I for one would love to see more...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  27. BarryA

BarryA

Attached Files:

28. Tim G

Tim G

Just had a look at the photos on facebook... hardcore track action!

[​IMG]

29. BarryA

BarryA

Yeah - that track is still quite bumpy though. Been huring the cars a little. Hope to have it smoothed out real soon!

30. carl4675

carl4675
    from Conroe, TX

39 and 40...my favorite Chevrolets