Register now to get rid of these ads!

History I found a truck. What is it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAD ROD, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Gigantor

Gigantor

That hood is beautiful .... I hope you do something neat with that at least. I wonder what the story would have been if you were able to pull this out back in 1975.

2. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I think you are going to need more than just a hammer..:D

3. Even if you can't save the whole thing, that dash would be cool in just about any '20s-early '30s rod/

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Assdragger

Assdragger

If that was an old logging truck (maybe a skidder), it could explain why the drivers door was missing, they were often taken from work trucks for easy access. Farmers used to ditch the drivers door on old trucks so they could have easy access when picking up hay bales... put her in granny and let it creep then get out and throw hay on....jump back in to steer it straight.
    That alot of the reason why it`s so hard to find a good drivers door for a 26-27 T-coupe or 28-29 A-pickup... not enough to go around!

I used to live in the mountains in Oregon as a kid and I remember seeing some of that old equiptment and old cars pushed off the side of some VERY deep canyons. I also remember seeing some old cars around the Hells canyon/Snake river area in some good sized holes. Seems like they where near the Oxbow dam area.?

Just a thought.

5. noboD

noboD

Jim Sibley would have that running and driving in about 1 week. Nice find, some of the thirties trucks were true art.

6. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I never new that! Great info. The area I discovered this truck is thick Sierra Nevada mountain forest. This area has been continuously logged since the 1800's. That is why I figure the truck might be a old logging truck. The only other activitly that I know of going on in the 1930's was gold mining. It is possible it could have been a truck used to support one of the many mines in the area. Who knows for sure........

Thanks,
    Mike

7. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Yeah, no kidding. When I was digging this truck out of the bush/ground and pulling it up the hill, I thought the same thing.......Jim Sibley could have this cab beat into shape in about 2 days!.....:D

8. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

The back of the cab looks like a Diamond T.

9. jroberts

jroberts

I think that hood looks like a Diamond T as well.

10. does'nt the door(s) look like a 33 willys? i'm probably wrong but they look like that.

11. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Finally beat the remains of this truck into yard art. The cowl was really wadded up. My daughter decorated with Christmas lights. :^)

Attached Files:

12. Fedman

Fedman

Cool yard art!
    Did you ever find out what it is?

13. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

1935 Studebaker

14. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

I'm diggin' that dash!

15. lukey

lukey

Keep beatin till its a driver!!!!!!!

-LUKEY-

16. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Christmas lights!

Attached Files:

17. 29pu

29pu

I wish I had x-mas lights that cool.But then again it would suck carrying it back into the attic with the rest of the x-mas decor.Still cool though.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011