Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Stolen from Friday Art Show and on Sale at Essen Motor Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOMONSTER, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

A fellow HAMBer contacted me with a link to a car I was currently selling. It was a link to MY car for sale by a Sweed. He said it happens all the time. I am just way to honest and trusting. I've only bought ONE car that was "as described". OH, and get this. The f*ck stick that did buy my car reposed it on ebay and more then doubled his money. Why, filled the listing with lies........ People truly are inherently scum bags.

2. Snafu

Snafu

There are sites that stop people from copying the image and saving it. But there is nothing you can do if someone hits the print screen button. They just paste that in any image editing program and trim the stuff around the outside.

3. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

COOP: This is my first year putting my stuff out for the world to see and it's oddly comforting to know that creeps like www.factory68.com and Joe Werner in Germany spread their stink on other artist's work as well. Your advice feels right. Too much angst involved worrying about bootleggers. The one thing we can control as artists is creating new stuff and appreciating those who want the real thing.

ANTI-THIEVING, BOOTLEGGING, PIRATING STRATEGY FOR ART VICTIMS: Ripoffs like the no-talent, coward fraud Joe Werner and www.factory68.com needs google and other search engines to maintain a reputation. It occurred to me when I saw the words on this and other blog forums - including my own website blog - appear on google that it's possible to create ugly search words associated with a name. The reason I used Joe Werner's name in the previous sentence is in the hopes of warning others that when dealing with Joe Werner and www.factory68.com you are purchasing inferior stolen goods from a no talent, coward fraud.

Get it? So those of you with blogs, facebook, and other ways to communicate can expose these guys just by typing their name next to a description of what they really are. Fake.

Joe Werner = Steals children and sells them at car shows
    Joe Werner = Hates hot rod artists
    Johan Werner = His products smell bad
    Johan Werner = Drives a Volvo, Polka is his favorite music.
    www.factory68.com = leaves a virus on your computer when you click on any product for sale

I need to get back to work. Be careful out there all you unsuspecting, happily naive, optimistic artists. Let's all stay that way as much as possible.

4. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Man thats SUCKS big time ! hope you get him .

5. Sorry, but once you have sold your car and got the money, the new owner can burn it in his driveway. If he makes a buck on it, oh well, good for him. I sell cars all the time that people turn over and make a buck on, I win, they win. We both make a buck.

As for the art, that sucks. I used to do an event schedule and had people copying it and selling advertising on it as theirs. I did all the work and they made the money off it. I don't know what the answer is. So many low lifes out there. Pat.

6. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Aren't there dark alleys and aluminum Lousiville sluggers in Europe? This guy needs a couple of warning shots - to the knees!! :mad:

I'm sorry you guys have to deal with turds like this.

7. bomonster, just checked his site and didn't see any of your stuff for sale there. Maybe he removed them. Pat.

8. erlomd

erlomd

This does really suck...I'm sorry to hear...but karma is a bitch!

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ewwww.... Gross.... I'm gonna work on some justice.

10. cederholm

cederholm

what a scumbag!

11. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Im not sure,
    But
    can't you print here in low res,so that when someone tries to enlarge it,
    it blows out the image?

I hate a THEIF......

12. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Gotsta wonder if he has the rights to ANYthing he's peddling.

13. scottlep

scottlep

Arschloch !!!

14. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Yeah but if not Bomonster then who else is he nicking ideas from?

15. Muttley

Muttley

You can still get the real stuff, you just have to know where to look. ;) ;)

16. Frank the Judge

Frank the Judge
    from Germany

You can write a letter to the district attorney with a claim for an immidiately stop distributing your art work. Even in English.

The address is:

Staatsanwaltschaft
    Klosterstraße 7
    74523 Schwäbisch Hall
    Fon: +49/791/94664650
    Fax: +49791/946646549
    [email protected]

Assert your art work, send samples to the attorney.

Copyright violation is not a joke in Germany. We do have a huge problem with copies of nearly everthing made in chinese countries, the federal authorities work in this cases very fast and effective.

If you need a translation into German please send me a PN.

Me as well have the same problems with botlegging my films. That's why I know how to proceed.

The complaint at the district attorney is completely free of charge becaus it is criminal law.
    If you want to be paid for the allready sold stickers with your work you have to bring an action against him privately. For this you need a German attorney (civil law).

17. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

You saw my rant on the German forum. Lets get this guy.

http://www.oldtimer-in-teufels-hand.de/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3201

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Spreading the Gospel Johnny Law Grease gun.....Worldwide.....Love it.

19. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Hang his ass high....

20. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Sucks to hear about this, Bomonster.....
    One thing you could do to track down any more of these guys is to sign your website up with Google analytics. It's free and you can track all the traffic sources to your site.
    This is how I found out someone in France was peddling some prints of sketches I had done for John Mearns a few years back. He was using Fotki and pulled images from the HAMB and my website, in addition to other artist's sites on here.
    I was curious, so I checked his username on Fotki, and sure enough, he's a HAMB member because he has the same username for the HAMB, and Google analytics confirmed he was in France. I sent Fotki a cease and desist letter and they pulled all the images (including those of other artists) within an hour! He's no longer on Fotki, but he's still on the HAMB.

21. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

Frank the Judge: Your first HAMB post was a good one which I hope helps others now and in the future, Thanks for taking the time to sign up and pass along that good info. I'm going to do exactly as you recommend. He's also getting a cease and desist from my very own personal German spy.

Ruben Duran: Your work deserves to be stolen it's so good. Like from the Louvre in Paris - Mission impossible style. Stealing low res images from the internet seems counter productive but the bad quality doesn't seem to slow down the creeps who can't draw - or the suckers who pay for out of focus, grainy stickers. Anyway, thanks for your good practical tip on google analytics. I'm already seeing my stuff taken from photobucket - which feeds the HAMB in my case - and turned into free wallpaper. The upside is that it's getting my name out there which was one of my first year goals.

22. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Float test.
    Splash,,,,,,positive.
    Float,,,,,,,,negative.
    Test complete, lets go get a beer.

23. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

I had this happen with some my artwork a few months back. Some guy in France was using some of my cars on shirts with just this logo slapped over top of it. I also contacted a few HAMB artists, like PACHECO and a few others, who had some of their work on there as well. I found the guy on Facebook as a Friend Suggestion. I contacted the guy and all he done was removed a few pieces off his gallery and done a shitty rework of another and called it his own. Then deleted me from FB. LOL

I know my vector stuff isn't the hardest thing in the world to duplicate. And I agree with previous post on watermarks. To protect the artwork, the watermark needs to be so heavy that the artwork is compromised so much you might as well not post it.

The worst is having a commissioned piece for a customer get stolen. Because if they see it before you, they will think that you sold it to someone else.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  24. yardgoat

yardgoat

Hope it gets fixed in your favor.Im going to catch hell for this but here in my state and county they want to fine people over and over x 10. Putting people in jail cost money, for state/county,fine them and county/state profit.,over an over.Said enough...........YG

25. its spreaded in a lot of german forums and blogs. i hope some guys at the motorshow ll kick em for it!!

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. Pitch forks and torches boys! Let's go after him...

28. This is why, if I ever get off my ass and start selling my work, it will be limited edition, HQ prints, etc.. and why I keep all my original sketches and save files with dated material. (not to say I won't sell an original some day down the road but it will be a direct 1 on 1 sale.)
    Then, if anyone even thinks copying it is worth trying to sell, they will have a problem . Everyone keep their eyes peeled on behalf of your fellow community members.

29. grf-x

grf-x

Sorry to say... I have work in several fields of design... Once a process is developed to block the download of image... it is shortly circumvented. There is always a work around. Also bare in mind that Most OS systems and browser to not prevent the use of screen shots. If there is such a think... i think most of the artist here (me included) would love to use it.

I have been coding a while and have yet to find a way to keep thieves from taking what they want.