Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Damage to my shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopper daddy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. I wouldnt be as nice. maybe its time to call Judge Judy.

2. Willy301

Willy301

Putting anything in requires you to build on his property. He might take action on you and go for property damage. I am with the side that says take the pics, let an attorney send him a copy of the pics in a certified letter suggesting that he alters his behavior. Or the insurance route, that makes the insurance company pay the lawyer if they can't get him to pay.

3. I'm reading this thread and I simply cannot believe that anyone would think of putting up cement filled posts behind the trailer. You put them IN FRONT of the trailer while it is still parked there. Betcha that gets his attention.....:D:D:D

4. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pretty much every subdivision around here has utilities buried across the back of the lots, so we're absolutely not allowed to build to the property line.

Maybe you could "damage" that conduit that he's backed up against so that the hot lead is touching the trailer..............

5. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

Thats sucks! I had the same problem with rental property - people who don't own it don't care. :( I agree with others, some cement post or attorney's letter is going to be needed.

6. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Pop the bearing caps off and pack with sand. That trailer wont make it back home.

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

My Grandfather used to call that "parking by sound". Back up until you hear a bang. He actually parked his car like that. Drove til he was 90.

You said this guy is a scrapper? We've all read enough HAMB scrapper threads to know this guy has more balls than brains.

Ask him to walk out with you and take a look at the damage he's done and ask his eta on repairing it. Then agree on an idiot curb as others have mentioned.

If you don't get results and don't want to take legal action, simply remove all 4 of his valve stem cores every time he backs into your building. maybe he'll get a clue.

Hopefully yo can resolve this neighborly. You'll eventually be out working in your shop and don't want him calling the cops for making too much noise...

8. classicfins

classicfins

Catch the trailer moved and sink some posts. Then send him a bill for the posts and labor, as well as an estimate for the shop repair. Tell him it's his choice which one he pays.
    I hate people that don't care enough about anyone else that they would rather damage something that's not theirs than to take the time to do what's right.

9. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

He damaged your BUILDING. That's pretty permanent, and has lasting effects.
    This will lead to water damage, rust, and gives animals a place to enter.
    It's also going to screw you on resale value unless you get it fixed properly.

If you talked to him once already, and he isn't doing it, you've done your part. Talk to him again and this time don't ask him anything... tell him. "I need this fixed, so give me the number of your insurance company."

Private property or not, I would think the police could make a report--he hit your building with a vehicle. I know they wouldn't say "Well, it's private property, we can't do anything" if I hit a building at 50mph going forward, so I don't see why 3mph in reverse should make a difference.

As to sinking poles--absolutely. But only AFTER the damage is recorded and reported to his insurance company and/or the police. Otherwise he'll say he couldn't have done the damage because there are posts there.

Then, if he doesn't move the trailer, get someone with a truck if you don't have one and pull his trailer forward yourself. Sink the posts and be done with it.

-Brad

10. navypainter

navypainter

Move the trailer away from your building and sink some posts all the way around the trailer :)

11. sololobo

sololobo

W.T.F., is this facebook dramma on the H.A.M.B., step up and straighten the mofo out. You are letting him abuse you and then crying for sympathy, bullshit. You can do it. ~sololobo~

12. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I would call the electric Co and express your concerns about the possibility of him damaging their meter and causing a fire.

13. Well at least you may have some recourse. The wind took my roof this summer, I got a call into the weather but they haven't returned my call yet.

By the way you are a very patient man, this would have been very physical long before now at my place.

14. I'd hook onto the damn thing and pull it up far enough to accomplish the job. If he bitches, let him.

15. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

What I would do is get some old drive shafts and dig a hole and fill em with concrete and make a post fence so he will hit them instead of your shop, Might piss him off but he shoulda known better to back into someones shop. I got this idear from my neighbor, some jack ass in a 4x4 truck kept runnin his mail box over so he took a 6" pipe and stuck it 6' in the ground and filled it with concrete and that guy hit that and ripped the front axle outta his truck!! Serves that ass hole right !!!

16. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I would get a survey first, no sense going to court when you can't prove where the property line is. It wouldn't be the first time I have heard of someone building a building a couple of feet on someone elses lot. If you get ugly and it turnes out your not 100% in the right don't expect him to forgive and forget. Just my opinion, get everything right before doing something that will come back at you.

17. coryw

coryw
    from Omaha, NE

Good point. If the building was built against codes (including setback) there is a possibility that you might have to remove it if you get the lawyers / law involved. Probably not very likely but something to consider.

18. chopper daddy

chopper daddy

I don't want to start a war with this guy, but I did call my insurance, and I will probably sink posts there when i get a chance. Thing is, I'm not there but once a week or less, so if I start sh** with this guy, I'm not there to make sure worse stuff doesn't happen.

BTW, that's not even his property, he parks all kinds of crap in the alley, and I think that trailer is actually on another person's lot. The city hates him, and I understand he's had lot's of court appearances over his scrap cars and stuff in the alley, his yard, etc. It's obvious he doesn't give a crap. I doubt if insurance will end up getting anything _ he'll probably blow it off.

So, yes, if it comes to it, I'll move the trailer myself, and put in barriers.

I appreciate all the comments - yesterday I wanted to knife his tires....

19. Gerrys

Gerrys

I would look into a security camera with a dvr.

20. ryno

ryno

how does your electrical company read you meter? it looks like the trailer is blocking it.

21. I totally agree on that one. Quit mollycoddling the idiot.

22. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Chain the trailer axle to the nearest telephone poll... then sit back and watch the show:D:D

23. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

or better yet, weld all those frames to each other, then weld the bottom one right to the trailer. as he drives off, tell him have a nice day, fucktard. ;)

24. zzford

zzford

Kill him, chop his head off and stick it on a pole in front of his house.

25. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Paint a message on the back of your shop:

"STOP BACKING INTO MY SHOP, ASSHOLE!"

26. I really don't know how those tires all blew while parked? Must be too much scrap on the trailer? Yup, thats it.

27. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

Actually just loosen all of his lug nuts, not much but just enough down the road a mile or 2, well at least you will get some satisfaction.

28. rustang

rustang

If it was me I'd hook on to that trailer with my 2500HD, drag it to the scrap yard, scrap it all out, trailer and all...he reports to cops the trailer was stolen, they don't do anything because he is already a turd in their eyes.....you keep the money for the scrap haul, and keep your mouth shut....

Or up here, haul 'er out to the quarry and push 'er in.... :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  29. These are the kind of situations that have me in front of a judge for doing the wrong thing.

Bless you for your patience and reasoning, but no one should ever be bullied, and I feel that's what he's doing by not taking immidiate action in making things right. Not going to tell you to do, just urge you to take action from being pushed around.

30. _ogre

_ogre
    from Motown

you tried to kill him with kindness, that didn't work.
    i'm with vicky, but i'd go one step further.
    cut 2 holes in the steel tail, dig a post hole under each one and cement a 4'' pipe bollard in there.