Register now to get rid of these ads!

59 Chevy Truck V8 Conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bumpercarkid, Nov 30, 2011.

1. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Just looking for some input of ideas here.

I am putting a new Small Block Chevy into my 59 Chevy pickup. A friend of mine gave me a trans cross member and motor conversion crossbar kit that he bought but never used. I am missing the two mounts that attach to the engine. Those mounts attach sliding over a piece of pipe 2 5/8 inch wide. Almost like a fork. Three bolts hold it to engine. Then fork slides over that pipe in the picture then a bolt slides through. SBC motor mount type.

1. I was told by one guy that as long as my trans mount has rubber in it I will be fine. Another guy said the motor needs rubber and the trans mount too to flex. Which is correct? I would think both parts need it.

2. Is there a way to make engine mounts with rubber?

Attached Files:

2. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

I believe I found just those mounts online but doesn't clearly say HAS rubber. More than I wanted to spend too so figured I'd try and make them.

Thanks

3. Abomb

Abomb

4. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Good to know, thank you! I tried the auto parts near my house and they could not get anything that style. I will try NAPA tomorrow.

5. Abomb

Abomb

Tell them any SBC from 1958 to 1973...

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Pretty generic mount but since most parts guys need more direction just ask for mounts for a 1968 camaro with a 327.

7. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

That should help them. Very specific. Thanks!