Register now to get rid of these ads!

Small P/S pump

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Karl Fields, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Karl Fields

Karl Fields

Looking for the smallest V-belt P/S pump I can get with a remote reservoir. Anybody got some ideas on this or models to stay away from? Hooking to a mid 90s GM rack.
    Thanks

2. mj40's

mj40's

I used a Type II GM pump from a Caviler. You can get them with or without the attached reservoir for remote fill.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  3. Cerberus

Cerberus

Check with BilletSpecialities.com

They offer pwr steering pumps that work with remote reservoirs.

4. yellow dog

yellow dog
    from san diego

KRC one of the most reliable, not cheap though. Speedway is one place to view and begin pricing

5. racer67x

racer67x

I'd recommend KRC also..been running them for years on race cars,anodized mounts are available for head or block mount.

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

This is my 90 Corvette, I changed from serpentine to 'V' belt with a pulley from CPP. Running a remote reservoir and using a low mount Allan Grove bracket

Attached Files:

7. Kayaba (KYB) makes an excellent little aluminum pump (what some KRC units are based on) with remote reservoir. Can be found on a lot of cars of the "Asian Persuasion". Wave the flag and fire away, but it's a real problem solver....

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Most if not all of those little PS pumps are Toyota design, even on GMs. They work great. May as well buy one for a late-model Toyota or Chevy at NAPA rather than pay high aftermarket pricing.
    You'll need the CPP pulley as shaft size is smaller.

9. sledkid

sledkid
    from mansfield

95 and up neon very nice

10. I have a brand new Professional Products 6173B pump and Allstar aluminum remote tank for $110. shipped, if you are interested.

Dan

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2. You can find these in GM cars, Jeeps, circa the late 90's, and even some Volvos. It might even be the native pump for the 90's GM rack. Not sure.

12. mj40's

mj40's

I bought a rebuilt pump from Rock Auto and the pulley and brackets from Allen Grove. I wanted it to look more traditional with the attached reservoir rather than a remote.