Register now to get rid of these ads!

starting my 1951 plymouth cranbrook project

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by xxxwelder, Nov 30, 2011.

1. xxxwelder

xxxwelder
    from susanville

today 11/30/11 i tried to pull the old six out of it to paint the block. after i unbolted the block from the three speed trans and motor mount i started to to pullit out WHEN it only moved a inch..what the heck so i crawld under the car and saw that the bell housing on the trans had a 180 degree flange that was hitting on the fly wheel. doesn't make since because u would have to pull the trans to service the clutch.DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT TO DO???? ALSO IM OPEN TO ANY HELP ON CONVERTING IT TO A 12VT.QUESTIONS LIKE WHAT DO I HAVE TO REPLACE.
    ps sorry about the spell errors im in a hurry.
    thanks xxxwelder

2. your in such a hurry that you dont INTRODUCE YOURSELF here in this forum page..like your supposed to do....READ the "sticky" at the top of this page...INTRODUCE YOURSELF then after you do that.Post your question over on the main message board...

3. My49Plymouth

My49Plymouth

A lot of information can also be found on the www.P15-D24.com P15-D24 forum. I have not tried to pull the motor from my 49 Special Deluxe .... so I do not have an answer to your question.

4. Welcome, but yes tell us about yourself.