Register now to get rid of these ads!

i need a pic of a 32 5w rear window please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brady1929, Nov 30, 2011.

1. brady1929

brady1929

ok, where exactly does the glass go up and down? is it between the garnish moulding and the body? any pics would be appreciated. i am trying to redo the wood around the window and need to figure out how short to make it since the top was chopped. thanks

2. This picture is not from inside the car but might help.

Attached Files:

3. brady1929

brady1929

actually that does help a little, thanks

4. Xman

Xman

Just took these of mine. Help any?

Attached Files:

5. Dave50

Dave50

So there is a piece of wood going arcross bottom of window ??Is this a original or drake etc. thanks for asking again Brady i need this too and thanks guys for the pics

6. brady1929

brady1929

Yeah I figured it would help us both Dave. So xman, the window rolls up between the wood and body? Where are the window channels? What do they attach to? Where can I get the wood that the regulator attaches to? Thanks

7. Dave50

Dave50

Brady here`s a pic of how the wood should go in the troff the piece that is sagging may not be there this is one part i am confused on and am waiting to seee a pic etc of one thats some what apart.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  8. Xman

Xman

The package tray back (black in pic's) attaches to the wood surounding the window. The regulator attaches to the back of the package tray with three machine screws, two you can see in the picture and the third is below and can't be seen in this picture. . The felt window run is wedged between the wood and the body. I stuck a piece of the felt in the area where it goes. Let me know if you need something else.
    Very simple if you could see it in person. Hard to explain.

Attached Files:

9. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

In between the garnish, and the body. the mechanism screws to the wood in the photo.

Attached Files:

10. brady1929

brady1929

ok, so alfin32, if i have a chopped coupe where does the lower piece of wood go? what i mean by that is, i see where your wood is notched, is that even with the bottom of the metal part of the window? also did you make your own wood? did you use maple? thanks

11. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

The wood was in the car when I bought the body that had already been chopped 3".
    Randy Bianchi then re-chopped it another 1 1/2", shortened the wood accordingly.
    I'll look in my photos at home to see if I have a shot of it completed before the upholstery.

12. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Sorry, but I don't have any shots of the whole ass'y without upholstery.
    But it looks the same as Xman's photos.

13. bonesy

bonesy

I think you took some pictures of my car's set-up during Deuce Day. If you need a more specific shot, just let me know.

14. brady1929

brady1929

yes and thanks bonsey. everything is covered up, unfortunately. i have to make new wood for the chop. i am trying to figure that out as well. thanks again.