Register now to get rid of these ads!

27T modified - progress report

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackjack, Jun 4, 2005.

1. I attach the latest pictures of my 27 T. Progress is less "dramatic" than previously as Andy is now into lots of "fiddly" bits.

Progess since last month includes a custom made pedal box, new firewall, stainless steering column shroud, extended original 27T grille shell, headlamp mounts and hammer & dolly work to the body.

Work for the coming month will include getting the doors to fit properly, a lime fire style exhaust system, fuel tanks, fitting up a windshield and a shed load of miscellaneous stuff.

It will then be ready to come back here for everything else. The plan is to drive it to Retromobile Paris in Feb 2006.

The bit I'm particularly pleased with this month is the placement of the original 27T headlamps. As you are all aware, this can make or break the look of a car and these are spot on. Andy really knows what he's doing with this stuff an it shines thro'. He was unaware until today that anyone else was had seen the car - he is very pleased to hear that people like it as he regards it as a special piece of work.

Here's the pictures... hope you like them. Steve - see how nice the Thikstun looks!!

BTW - still not sure about the bomber seats - they are for sale though...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. looks good.. simple, clean, cool..

What motor you running.. looks like a late olds rocket?

3. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

What are those cool seats!!

4. Silverado

Silverado

Looks great.

Can you post some details on the front and rear suspension?

How about the frame?

5. Chassis is a genuine 1921 One Ton T Truck chassis that has been boxed, Z'eed and pinched.

Front suspension is a suicided 39 Ford forged I beam on an A spring with split bones.

Rear suspension is an 8.8" Ford Mustang axle on an A spring. The wishbones are unspilt and centrally located on a rose joint.

Engine is a '57 Pontiac 347.

The seats are from my Blackjack Avion Trike. I have another seat done in Lambo style leather rolls and a Bench seat version as well. They are all for sale but, unfortunately for our American viewers, I am in North Wales in the UK (this means that it is very very difficult to put this sort of trad modified together).

Next bit of work is the screen - locating parts for that in the UK is proving a bit of a headache.

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I like what I see. Keep us posted on any future progress.
    Frank