Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Tuck Fire Fund

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh for Fucks sake!!!!! That's absolutely awful and I cannot begin to imagine. Probably one of the single most scariest things I think about with my garage.

I hope this all helps Tuck get back a piece of his collection. Glad to hear that no one got hurt. Tough break for sure.

3. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Shit, 160k members on the HAMB, if everybody put in $1 it would be enough to get this guy back on his feet.

So let's all send the guy $5, $10 bucks, everyone here can spare it to help someone in need.

It'll add up quicker than you'd expect.

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

All I can say is dammit.... I am gonna go on paypal right now and send 500 bucks to get this started. we are gonna try and start cleaning up the mess on saturday if anyone wants to help. call tuck first though, kinda depends on the adjusters....

5. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Just fucking TERRIBLE!! JEEEEEZ! I am so sorry man. money coming your way Tuck!!! Hang in there, you'll be back on your feet soon enough!!

Sincerely ,

Ian

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, money has been tight around here lately but I can sure spare 5.00 for a guy who always seems to be there when others need a bit of help.
    When you do paypal what ever amount to him, make sure that you click on "personal" and mark it as a gift or other so he won't dinged for the paypal fees.

7. Tony

Tony

I'm sick after reading this!
    I've never met Tuck but talked many times on the phone, and back a few years he lent me a paint gun to shoot my 53, and gave lots of advice in the process of me learning. it was my first paint job.
    I can't say enough about that, and although we havn't met, i consider him a good friend!

I just sent 100 bux outta my coupe fund to help out in the rebuild.
    Guy's, help out if you can. I'm sure even a couple bux will make a difference.
    And if ya use paypal, send it as a gift. The extra couple dollars we pay in doing so will make sure he get's the whole amount you want to send.

Best if luck Tuck, and i'm glad you are ok..And terribly sorry to hear about the loss man.

Tony.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  8. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

I have been so devistated by this. Tuck is one of my best friends and its really all because of the Hamb that I even ever met him.

Everything in that shop meant EVERYTHING to him. Over the last 10 or so years I would get almost weekly calls, sometimes daily, or even hourly about his latest score...... everything form car parts, to tools, to putting walls up in the shop.

He worked his ass off for everything... piece by piece. The passion he has is unreal. He has been a constant inspiration for me.

I talked to him at length about all of this and he really doesn't feel right about people helping out.... I told him that it wasn't an option, that we were going to help and was going to make us proud.

I love that fucker.

I will do anything to help. I am working on some ideas and I will keep you posted.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I just drained my papyal account and sent it over to pitch in. Not much but it's a start.

10. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

This is heartbreaking. Lets all pull together for this!

I'm Sorry Tuck!

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Sorry to hear of this...a donation is on its way...

Hang in Tuck...it'll all get better again...

R-

12. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Have never met Tuck but here we are all brothers, those pics made me sick to my stomach, so sorry man....send what I can. Hope your back at it soon.

13. Wow I can't imagine! I just started storing my Vicky in a new rented garage and this is my worst nightmare!

I'm glad it was just stuff, no loss of life.

14. Damn it!!
    I just don't know what else to say.

15. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

16. havi

havi

Wow! I didn't hear about this until now. :(

Great guy, we could've talked at length had we not been in such a hurry. Anything to help, let us know.

17. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

man... never met the man but I'm sick just reading about it and seeing the pictures...

18. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

oh damn met tuck at detroit a few years back,the real deal no doubt.

20. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Man! That sucks! So sorry to hear about the shop Tuck! Damn! Sent ya what I could spare, man!

21. So sorry to hear of the fire, I think the T shirt biz was not in there, My heart goes out to Tuck, he has always been very nice and good guy, even when I would stop by and visit(bug) him on my monthly trips to Duluth. I hope at least something can be salvaged.

22. james_W_76

james_W_76

keep your head up tuck...jason graham from portland ,tn went through the same thing and came back stronger than ever. i know it might sound crazy but he got funds from selling pictures of the burnt cars. i'm not sure of the details if the person who took the pictures sold them to raise money or if jason sold them himself, but i do know that one of the pictures ended up on the cover of a cd, and he rebuilt some of the cars that were burnt to a crisp in the fire. it may seem like the end of the world right now, but just keep on keeeping on...!

23. S.F.

S.F.

holy shit, Ive only just talked to Tuck on the hamb a few times, so I dont really know him......but that is a horrible sight. If that is the hot rod that was built on Mad Fab, where bob bleed stop and took a minute to say " you have to have passion to build and drive these cars" ....im gonna be sick. hell im already sick. I dont have any money to send but I'd like to send him something to help get his collection started again...that his home address there? Im assuming I could send him a package to that address...right?

24. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Good post, and glad to help out a HAMB brother.
    Hang in there my friend.
    Cheers,
    Bob

25. hankthebigdog

hankthebigdog
    from oklahoma

I am a new guy sort of, and do not know him personally. Still I hate to see anyone with the passion go through something like this.Things are kind of tight here, but Heh, we ARE family here. I sent what I could.

26. Sad, Sick, Angry, Powerless....

I can't think of words that express how I am feeling about this.

That shop was 25 yrs worth, a lifetime, of influences. Every person I ever knew that walked in there, spent some time talking, walked out wide-eyed, energized and with a deeper understanding and appreciation. Around every corner there was something special with a story.

It was like a ground zero of old car passion. So much more was lost than just parts, tools and projects.

I can't say it like Bob did, but I too have shared many stories about the scores, the plans, the journey...

Man..i remember the 48 hr paint and body work thrashes, the chops, THE lincoln engine. I remember taking a week off of work one year just to spend time helping in there, walking away more inspired than ever.

Tuck is so humble. That was a special place.

tok

27. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Just sent him ten bucks that i'll never miss!

This has got me thinking that I should buy a seperate shed, maby one of those stick built garden sheds to keep my stored flamables in, fires happed awful easily and I'd like to have a chance to put it out before it got out of hand.

Good luck Tuck

28. Sent a small donation your way Tuck!
    As brian said, if everyone on the hamb were to send a dollar or two (or more) we can get Tuck on his feet again. Hang in there!

29. Baggs

Baggs

THAT SUCKS!!! i just sold him an engine about a month ago. i hope he had that moved out before this. one of my co-workers lives by him and told me that he thought there was a fire there. if i had anything to give to help i would!! this is very sad to see. hope they have some insurance to somewhat cover the costs....

30. Baggs, the engine was in another building.