Register now to get rid of these ads!

Getting my 50 Shoebox done

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grego31, Nov 14, 2011.

1. lukey

lukey

Man thats sharp! Ive been leaning towards purple flake roof on my 58. I have a while before its ready tho.

-LUKEY-

2. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Thanks, I don't know if you remember but I asked you a bunch of questions and told you that I had your car on my computers background, you are now in my screen saver photos so your car does pop up several times an hour. It always kept me on track. You made me go for that clean, low look.
    Now it's my turn, I hope that I can be an inspiration for someone even if it is only the color combo.

3. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

The purple flake is an awesome touch

4. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Thanks so much for the kind words. I do remember now, and I am glad that you have achieved your goal.. You really hit it out the ball park with this one..I am sure that you will be an inspiration to many shoebox owners getting started.the paint is really nice and the color scheme is spot on. Now comes the hard part... Looking after that paint.trust me , nice paint is a friggin pain in the ass... But it's all worth it. Well done !

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

great job - Thanks for info on how you did it and where you got stuff from

6. sololobo

sololobo

What the flake! Cool man, really looks great. ~sololobo~

7. cederholm

cederholm

Sweet! Love that flake!

8. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

I know what you are talking about, I thought long and hard about making it shiny black. After the last black car I owned, I told my wife to never let me go shiny black again but when black is done right and polished just right, they are just beautiful. I will be kicking myself everytime I have to get all the swirls out but then driving out into the sun will be all the repayment I need. Plus my two girls love helping me wax and clean the car so it makes for good family time.
    Oh and BTW, my last black car was a Ford Excursion. Miles and miles of paint on that one. my shoulders begin to hurt just thinking about it. haha:D

9. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I hear you on the black paint , it's a difficult color to manage.swirl marks are a bitch. I use surf city garage wax detailer which absorbs dirt particles when used thus stopping swirl marks. I will post some more pics of my ride. I have done a few things recently

10. coop ED

coop ED

I just got mine done. Flaked the roof with micro gold and root bear flake. Body is PPG light brown metallic. Paint was done by Hot Dog and striped by him as well. Flake pops in the sun but is subtle.

Attached Files:

11. msalamanca

msalamanca

You guys stink, now I have shoebox envy.

12. elturo

elturo
    from So. Okla

Very nice ride. Clean. I like it! Congrats.

13. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Looks good. I always loved root beer. I am torn between root beer or pearl white for my model a. Might have to go two tone with flake.