Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Lost mercury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruiser, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser

If, anyone knows of this pink Merc with a carson styled top in the Springfield, Ohio area PM Cruiser Some pictures would be great, the owners name phone number etc.

CRUISER:cool:

2. roddinron

roddinron

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Even "modern" customs were not anything at that time. The Jeffries built Toronado that graced the cover of R&C was sitting OUTSIDE on flat tires at a storage facility on Shepherd Dr. just north of I-10 around 1983-84. A friend checked about buying it but the owner in Mexico wouldn't sell it or pay his rent to store it inside. It ended up having the chromeplated wheels stolen off it, lift-up sections of the roof were pried open and the interior cut to pieces, then it vanished. And it was built in about 1966-67.

4. roddinron

roddinron

Similar fate for Junior Conway's shoebox Ford. It ended up buried up to it's doors in mud in a small junkyard outside of Vandergrift Pa, a long way from home. If it weren't for the fact that a friend of mine owned it and showed me pictures of it, it would still be a mystery. He originally told me the story in confidence since he felt a little responsible for it's sad ending because he sold it to the guy who eventually junked it.

5. outlaw256

outlaw256

i have no info,but i do have a question. how in the hell do these customs end up in junk yards and peoples back yards rottin to the earth. i get really mad everytime i see a old custom or gasser etc from back in the day turn to junk. i dont understand how someone could neglect one like that.i have never run any of my cars into thr ground like ive seen some of these cars.it makes me sick and also VERY MAD.

6. austin514

austin514