Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is your dream car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 77salon, Nov 24, 2011.

1. mmtoyman

mmtoyman

Wow, I just saw that exact car a couple of nights ago in S.F. at of all things, the San Francisco International Auto Show at the Moscone center.

2. mmtoyman

mmtoyman

Where it appears that picture was taken !!

3. 72IH

72IH

My list could go on forever. The two that have always stood out for me though were..........

Studebaker Hawk, I would hope a silverhawk or golden hawk with a 352 packard and supercharger. I know, it sounds odd but thats why I like it. My dad had one when he was a kid and I remember all the stories he told me about the thing. Out running the cops after throwing watermelons at the patrol cars, hauling ass down a mountain road after lighting the fuse on 12 cases of dynamite on new years eve.

The other is a Packard Clipper. I never saw a car with such a beautiful sophisticated dash in all my life. Probably never will see an auto manufactured with such talent ever again. Those cars when they were new looked like top of the line technology for the day. I really think the thought and design each engineer put into these old cars was their soul, unmatched by todays crap.

4. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Any Ford from 28 to 36. Just before they started hiding the headlight buckets away. This 1 will do for now.

Attached Files:

5. codeblu

codeblu

Excellent. Not alot of big dreamers on here. Mostly mundane ordinary vehicles.

6. jipp

jipp

72 challenger with a 340 six pack not hamb friendly.... hamb friendly, i just want a speedster.. im rather simple. way my health is going probably wont even get to start o a simple speedster project. laiughs
    chris.

7. Lamborgini Diablo VT
    35 Chrysler Conv.Coupe Dual Sidemounts Rumble Seat Airstream 8
    sold it in 72
    56 Ford T-Bird
    sold it in 76
    32 duece ford Coupe
    sold it in 49
    50 Bently Drop head Coupe

8. Court town 37

Court town 37
    from Sweden

9. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

1932 Ford 3W exactly the way it is in my album, too bad my health isn't letting me keep it.

10. fbama73

fbama73

'51 Chevy, 235 with all of the nice traditonal hop up goodies. Lowered, WWW with Fiesta caps. 3.5" chop, frenched and inset lake pipes, nosed/decked/peaked (but keep the hood bird), Metalflake green and white roll and pleat interior. Dark green metallic exterior with Candy olive scallops. Something really cool and different for the grille and taillights.

Looking for ideas on the taillights :)

11. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Ill also add a '47 or '49 buick sedanette mild 40s styled custom.

12. Hot Rod Hellcat

Hot Rod Hellcat
    from Sweden

a slammed 1950 buick sedanette or a slammed 1954 lincoln :)

13. Mine's always been a 33-34 ford coupe. At 60 I came face to face with my own mortality. Nothin special happenned,,,just realized I was getting old! I dumped everything I had except for my daily driver 46 chevy pickup and bought a super roached-out 34 five window body and swapped one of my 53 stude coupes for a 34 rolling chassis..it's been going together ever since!

Attached Files:

14. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

Not HAMB qualified but a '67 Chev Biscayne two door sedan with 427 four speed, dog dish caps and radio delete. Dream cars to me are like dream women, every day there is a new one.

15. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

57 Nomad ,dusk rose and white, even if its a 6 cyl I'd love it,

16. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

17. khead47

khead47

had a cherry 40 ford coupe back in the late 60's. never did get it on the road. been lookin for another one for years. best lookin ford- ever.

18. steelcityolds

steelcityolds
    from pittsburgh

My dream car has got to be the 1960 chevrolet corvette.... Cream and white color, 4spd, black leather interior, and kept pretty stock with only a few minor upgrades or changes. There are many cars I would love to have, but this is THE one for me. Funny thing is I am 6'4" and I always wondered if I would even fit in the car.... My luck is I would have the opportunity to get one some day and not fit (I'm sure i'd figure a way though) thanks for asking.....

19. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

willys truck blown gasser

20. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Even though I own two Falcons, a first generation Camaro, and a pile of Model T parts, when I think of the one thing I would probably trade it all for, it would be a stock Deuce roadster. I can count on one hand the number of 90+% stock Deuce roadsters I’ve seen in my life, and I think they’re just an incredibly handsome car.

I’m sure mine would end up with some deviations from factory correct however - floaters in the brakes, maybe a ‘39 transmission, and possibly a ‘36 engine with the insert bearings.

Ok, ok, maybe reversed spring eyes too.

-Dave

Attached Files:

21. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Took many years but they are in my garage-where they will stay I hope--
    40 Coupe and 57 FI BelAir-both finished and running great

22. 1953 Buick Skylark...'54 would do as well

[​IMG]

23. oldsman41

oldsman41

owned it once upon a time 69 dodge superbee

24. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

I know I am weird but my dream car is a 1957 mercury turnpike cruiser 4 door hardtop... It will have to be heavily accessorized with viking spinner hubcaps, passing eye mirror, underdash record player, continental kit, cruiser skirts... I would like it in tahitian green and white or moonmist yellow.. pink and black would be cool too!

25. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

A copy of The moonglow in silver with scallops, But I would take a copy of the grapevine also close tie

26. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

27. big M

big M

'57 or '58 Plymouth dual quad Fury.

Took me 25 years to find the first one [57], and the second fell into my lap just a year later ['58].

---John

28. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

1963 Studebaker Avanti with the R3 Grantell Enterprises engine, 4 speed T10 and Paxton Supercharger. Was America's fastest Production Automobile in 1962 and 1963 until 2005. 175 miles per hour, nothing from GM or Ford came close. Not the best street car but was worth the effort to tune it to enjoy it. I have a good friend who has one with under 1000 miles on the engine and let me tell you it is a blast to ride in and would be even better to drive it.
    Dan

29. ernest t bass

ernest t bass
    from Iowa

1968 LO23 Hemi Dart, 4spd of course:D

30. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

The '31 is a "dream car" project. That's why it's taking forever just to get into physical fabrication despite consuming the greatest part of my attention.