Register now to get rid of these ads!

crager 4x2 chrysler hemi intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sport fury, Nov 27, 2011.

1. sport fury

sport fury

there is a crager 4x2 intake for 331 354 392 hemi's on ebay. ebay number 220900331085. it is being sold with 4 2gc carbs with adaptors. i did not think this carb setup would fit even with adaptors on this crager intake or the weiand version. what is the adaptability of 4 2gc carbs to crager and weiand chrysler hemi 4x2 intakes

2. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

First off, 31,s 54,s and 392,s are not the same I have had many the crager is cool but you will need some stuff to make it work on each

3. sport fury

sport fury

yes 331 354 392 are different. but this intake will fit them all. i am not interested in what the intake fits as much i want to how could 4 2gc carbs could fit on this intake. you have do some grinding on 94's to get them to fit on hemi inline 4x2 intakes. i have seen 2gc carbs and they are longer than 97's and 94's.

4. chop32

chop32

Rosco,
    The intake will fit a 331, 354, and a 392.
    The factory made up difference for the tall deck (392) blocks by adding material to the intake face of the head. The way people get into trouble is by running 331/354 heads on a 392 and vice versa. Use of 354 heads on a 392 was popular back in the day, but you needed intake spacers to pull it off.

5. Hey sport, someone will read the question eventually. I did but don't have input on those carbs.

6. titus

titus

I figured theyd never fit but looking at the pics it looks like it does, either that or they did some grinding on the carbs to fit them, they shouldnt be on there anyways, look for a bare intake and stick some 97s or 94's on it.

jeff

7. sport fury

sport fury

thank you titus

8. sport fury

sport fury

could someone ask the bidder if carbs were modified to fit other than using the carb adaptors?

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I asked the guya few days ago if he'd trade for my 6x2 intake and he could keep his carbs and he wouldn't budge. I covet one of these intakes.

10. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I asked the seller about the carb spacing. His reply was "real close not touching but damn close!!!!!!!!!!"

11. Nice looking manifold - would probably run well with those carbs and potentially less trouble than Strombergs. I do like the looks of Strombergs - but what the hell, I'd give it a try!

It appears that whomever made the linkage setup knew what he was doing - looks to be progressive, but can't really tell if everything starts and ends where it should.

Will be interesting to see if it goes for his reserve . . . we can only wonder how high it is.

Best of luck.

B&S

12. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

That manifold doesn't look NOS to me. Looks like corrosion around the water fitting on the underside pic. Just my opinion.

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I did my friend and thank you. I forgot to PM you but I do appreciate the heads up. I've been swamped with trying to get this 34 Sedan I picked up all wrapped up and sold so it's not in my driveway.

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I am with Titus on this one..I had one of these cragars and only 97,s would fit.I like the cragar much better than the Weiand.
    the adapters are offy units (3 base to 4 base).... neat piece.
    I use the same adapters on a 6x2 unit on a 392 I have and they seem to space the carbs(about an 1/8 to a 1/4).....but saying that...2 different animals.
    sorry for not much help.

15. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

this intake belongs to my dad...i can get more pix sometime this week if anyone cares to see something specific on it let me know. I don't know much about it and didn't pay alot of attention...just took the pix and posted the add for him.

just happened to stumble across the post

16. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

Got pix here in my phone. Id be happy to email or text anyone who PM's me an address or phone number. Can't figure out how to attach images from my DROID.

The carbs have been ground on in order to get them to fit.