Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Carl Casper - The "Other" Custom Builder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-rodster, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Kevin Allgire

Kevin Allgire
    from Angola,IN.

I like Carl he's a cool guy for his age. He treats everyone at our museum with respect.

2. Kevin Allgire

Kevin Allgire
    from Angola,IN.

We had asked Carl about getting the Fall Guy Tv Show pickup and he said he sold it back to the studio.
    Carl took this car back with him last Tuesday
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  3. Kevin Allgire

Kevin Allgire
    from Angola,IN.

Carl Casper's 2012 Custom Auto & Louisville New Car Show
    Feb. 24 thru the 26

Cars & Stars Like Never Before
    ... Special advanced $2.00 off discount coupons available at all participating GLADA Auto Dealers. No advanced tickets. All tickets may be purchased at the door.

Two sensational events combined into one! Carl Casper’s Custom Show and The Louisville New Car Show come together to create the world’s greatest auto show ever. Custom cars compete and the area New Car Auto Manufacturers bring in the newest models. Hundreds of exhibitors, along with television stars, wrestling superstars, and current sports figures, meet the public and sign autographs.
    Keep checking the Official Carl Casper website for the 2012 show updates at www.carlcasper.com

Event DetailsLocation:
    Kentucky Fair & Exposition Center
    Address:
    937 Phillips Lane
    City:
    Louisville
    State:
    Kentucky
    Zip:
    Phone:
    502-689-9974
    Price:
    Adults: $15 Children 6-12: $5 Children 5 and under FREE

4. WCD

WCD

The pearl white version of the Galloping Ghost located at the very top won a major AHRA national in 1969. Diamond Racing engines built 392. I cant recall who drove the car.

5. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Karl Kasper is still doing interiors. He is doing a couple of things for me. His last name is Kasperczak. His son, Donny, has started his own interior business nearby and it's called Inside Rides. http://insiderides.com/

6. Just a heads up that the show in February 2012 will also have a charity panel jam headed up by Shane Syx of Dayton Ohio.So if you're coming to the show make sure you stop by the striper's area and say hello....and buy some art for a good cause.

7. Kevin Allgire

Kevin Allgire
    from Angola,IN.

Here is the sign that sits with the dragsters,my camera didn't pick up some of the smaller text.
    [​IMG]

8. Kevin Allgire

Kevin Allgire
    from Angola,IN.

Carl was at our museum last Saturday . He's still pretty sharp for his age. Carl is pretty big into horse carriages as can be seen at our museum. He brought his "Pie Wagon" Carriage with a horse. He took back a couple of cars. He's supposed to be back again in a couple of weeks. Here are a couple of photo's of his "Pie Wagon" carriage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Kevin Allgire

Kevin Allgire
    from Angola,IN.

The Northeastern Indiana Racing Museum & Todd Sherman Enterprises presents the annual Race Car Show & Racers Swap Meet March 24th
    8am-3pm, Swap meet ends at 4pm.
    $5 per person Or a Can Of Food plus $3. Food to be donated to the Dekalb County Food Bank
    The race car show is open to any vehicle that has competed in a motorsports event.
    Vintage Race Cars
    See race cars from the tri-state area race tracks
    Many Vendors
    Talk to local racing promoters
    50/50 Drawing
    Door Prizes
    Former Avilla Dragway & Speedway Reunion, Bring old photo's or other items to display, Tables Supplied
    Cash Bar & Concessions(Breakfast Food will be available)
    Setup on Friday from 9am-6pm or 7am on the Day Of The Show
    Located along I-69 at Auburn,IN. exit 126.
    Inside The National Military History Center
    For info On Race Car Show contact 260-316-0966 Or [email protected]
    For Info on Racers Swap Meet Contact 260-710-3634

10. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

The Galloping Ghost II ran at our old track during a Divison 3 event in 69 or 70. Again, don't know who the driver was.

Attached Files:

11. AnyoldFord

AnyoldFord

Hey all, pretty new here and just stumbled across this post and had to chime in. Carl is a very under rated customizer with wild ideas and huge energy. I've been privileged to work not only for him but alongside him in a few different car shows and I can consider him a friend. He's always looking at ways to promote our hobby and enjoys being "one of the guys" when his time allows. The museum in Auburn, IN is an awesome place to house most of Carl's cars, plus carriages and dragsters. I was one of the few people working hand in hand with Carl the week they were all brought up to IN to be placed in the museum....every car was started, driven by Carl himself (video taped for future use) then driven by myself and a couple others into their spots on display. I'm the guy who did the initial set up of most of the displays and detailed every car the day the museum opened to very large party that night. At one point I was behind the "Bat Cave" display when I saw a man standing next to the Batmobile and asked him to please leave the display.....little did I know at that time who that man was, it was Dean Kruse, the man who owns the property everything is built on!!! OOPS!!! He understood and introduced himself and we had a good laugh about it later. Working for Carl over the years, I've been fortunate enough to haul the Batmobile, both KITT TV cars (original Trans Am and the newer Shelby), his personal carriages and even the Beer Wagon and Peanut Trike, most of which at some time were at my personal home. Most of Carl's cars have been made into some form of toy or model kit of which I have tried to collect through the years. The handful I wasn't able to come up with, Carl himself gave me to finish my collection and autographed each and every one, how's that for a down to Earth guy?

As far as the drug influenced comments, I can tell you thats all BS....Carl is really an ARTIST and uses his wild imagination to create not only cars, but paintings, sculptures, interiors (yes, he still sews up his own stuff), and even designs buildings!!!

Hope y'all get a chance to tour the museum in Auburn if your in the area and enjoy the creativity each and every car has.

Also, if you get the chance, go to the Louisville show and support Shane and the guys who work their butt's off at the Panel Jam Charity Auction every year. They will auction off some awesome stuff and 100% of the proceeds go to a local charity. These guys donate all their time and supplies, help them if you can for a great cause!!!

Thanks for your time, RB

12. Going north for the Autorama and now i think i will go through Ft. Wayne and see this museum. hats off to Carl Casper.

13. fine me

fine me

:D
    Anybody else entered (or just attending?) in the Carl Casper show this weekend in Louisville, Kentucky?

:)

14. Kevin Allgire

Kevin Allgire
    from Angola,IN.

Carl Casper picked up the Young American Dragster Saturday March 31st from our museum. There is a company that is gonna do a remake on building a model kit of it.

I guess I can't post anymore photo's of Carl's cars that are brought into the museum. The last post of a newly customized car he brought in March 30th was deleted by a Moderator for being off Topic.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  15. swamp rodder

swamp rodder
    from florida

Since I was a little kid Carl Caspers customs have amazed me. I built all of his mpc models kits and collected the show programs and hot rod magaizine that had his cars in them. No one tops his creations. He was the "THE" first to do the wild paint schemes which are very detailed artistry. Some of his paint work is nearly 50yrs old and still looks brand new. No one can handle a squirt gun and lay down candys and pearls like Carl. His work really has inspired myself and thousands of other painters. Before Carls trick paint work,you just didn't see that kind of work being done. He set the standard.

I trailor my show cars to his Louisville Custom Auto show every year. Its absolutly the greatest indoor show in the world and if you haven't been to it,,,you should go. They really treat you good there, I get FREE entry to participate, FREE passes FREE parking FREE T-shirts for participants and alot of chances to win Tires,Wheels,Motors,TV's,,even Cash. This year for the 50th anniversary they are giving a brand new car to one lucky participant and another brand new car to one lucky spectator,,so thats pretty cool.

Throughout the year I attend alot of events like the "Street Rod National" NSRA stuff, Good Guys ect.. and it would be nice if they treated us as good as Carl Caspers group in Louisville does. I appreciate what Casper has done for the Custom car world and am thankfull for the opprotunity to be a part of such a special event every year.
    the picture is of Carl with one of his latest customs "the mystic cruiser"
    Swamp Rodder

16. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

You must have had a special car. It cost me $35.00 to enter my car, and 3 day passes cost me $8.00 each, with a limit of 5. Use to really love going to this show, but when they combined it with the new car show, that killed it for me. The last few times I went before they combined the shows, half of the cars were roundy round cars. Not my thing. Any one have pictures of the 2012 show?

17. XALTERED

XALTERED

I agree 100% Bob! I read where he said he is going to restore the Illusions body and put it back the way it was. Havent heard anything more on it though. How could he have done that to a car as beautiful as the Illusion??