Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Creme de la Chrome - Rocky Mountain Rod & Custom Car Show 11-25 to 11-27

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MikeRogers, Oct 19, 2011.

1. The Creme de la Chrome - Rocky Mountain Rod & Custom Car Show will be at the Colorado Convention Center again at the end of November, running Friday thru Sunday, November 25th to the 27th.

I've been invited to show again in the Art of the Automobile display at the show. They chose to use one of my photoshop creations for their current main page on their web site (don't know if they change over the front page, so hopefully it is up there for a while):
    Rocky Mountain Rod & Custom Car Show

I took the photo of J.D.'s green '41 Ford Coupe at their show last year, inside the convention center. I took the photo of the street where Colfax wraps around Civic Center Park in downtown Denver last year. I used a bit of photoshop magic and Topaz products to compile the two images together and give the car the illusion of motion. Stop by and say hi if you make it to the show.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I'll also be in the "Art" show...and will have my '55 Cadillac entered into the Kustom Korral (I've put together 24 very cool kustoms for the show).

Have we met Mike...???

R-

3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just got a call from Joe asking me to bring my deuce 3 window. Been several times as a spectator but never had a car in the show. I know some of the cars that are showing in my class, I should be able to get last in the class with no problems.

4. Roger,
    I believe we met last year. My booth was in the back, between a custom bicycle and Dale's air brush booth. I believe I did a custom image of your brother's "Cadisarus" shot from the Goodguys show the previous summer. Did you have a car in the show last year, or at any of the other larger Colorado events this year?

Here is one of my Photoshop creations of the "Cadisaurus" I put together as a demonstration during the show:

[​IMG]
    Cadisaurus & Convention Center by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

5. This is one of the images I've created for this year's show:

[​IMG]
    Black Tee Bucket & Sacrifice Creates Destiny by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

The car image is from the 2011 Goodguys Colorado Nationals show. The awesome wall mural is from the side of the "Cybergeeks" building on South Golden Road in Golden, Colorado. The mural is titled "Sacrifice Creates Destiny" and was painted in 2003. I wasn't able to read the artist's signature, as I'd love to give him some credit here for the amazing work.

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hey Mike, I remember you now...met you with Dan at Greybeard's show last November...and yes, I had my Caddy in Greybeard's show last November, as well as at GoodGuy's show, as well as a bunch of others this summer...I'll have my Caddy in this November's show too...

Here's mine...

[​IMG]

Thanx,
    R-

7. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Looking forward to the show and seeing everyone again that talks Kustoms. We will be in the Kustom Korroal with my Desoto Airflow 1/2 Chevy along with all the best Kustoms Colorado has to offer. Thanks again Roger,LOL Rick.

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

It wouldn't be a "kustom show" without your "Barris award" winning car Rick...we should have 25 of the slikests kustoms covering a wide variety of the kustom spectrum...

We'll have:

Jeff Hansen's &#8216;51 Merc; Roger Jetter's &#8216;55 Cadillac hardtop; Dan Jetter's &#8217;64 Chevy SS; Ron Brown's &#8216;57 Ford retractable; Beth Kearney's &#8216;51 Chevy, primered ; Pat Montoya's built in the '60's &#8217;35 Ford coop; Dave Pareso's built in the '60's '49 Studebaker pickup; Ed Banes' &#8217;56 Ford; <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]Rick</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Coast's</st1:placeName> &#8217;48 Airflow; Jim Coke's &#8216;55 Ford; Keith Clarose's, &#8216;50 Chevy, primer; Stan Weaver's &#8217;59 Edsel; Harry Truit's &#8216;52 DeSoto; Ryan Timmons' &#8216;63 Chrysler wagon; Eloi Mayes' &#8217;53 Buick hardtop; Richard Robison's &#8217;54 Chevy hardtop; James Molinen's gorgeous black &#8217;39 Merc sedan; Ron Forbis' &#8216;49 Merc primer; Richard Brazzell's red &#8217;49 Chevy fastback; The world famous Neal East and his &#8217;56 Ford hardtop; Kevin Gallegos and his new &#8216;40 Merc Convert, primer; Pat Sweeney in his &#8217;40 Merc convert. There's a good possiblity we'll have Ed Garcia's &#8216;61 Buick hardtop and Ray Kramer's &#8217;56 Mercury. Should be a nice little show within a show...I'm looking forward to it...

R-

9. Roger - Sounds like a terrific group for the Kustom Korral area!
    Thanks for doing so much work to get that group together.
    See you, Rick and the rest of the folks in a few weeks.

Mike

10. Mercchev

Mercchev

This is gonna be a great one again. Thanks for putting it together, Roger.

11. ruralrod

ruralrod

Joe had asked me to bring my roadster along with my dads too. I really really wanted to make it. Unfortunately we can't. Check it out in the latest Street Rodder!
    Pachi

12. I got my booth set up today, looking forward to the opening of the show on Friday morning. Lots of great cars already showing up. There were some real beauties down there this afternoon. I looks like the bigger prize money has brought in some new and interesting rides. I'll be posting picks after the show.

13. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

14. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

Good show! Some amazing quality on the floor!

15. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

16. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

I'm working on it.

Here are a few pics. I didn't take as many as I should have, but after a while it detracts from the experience.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  17. 3rd from the bottom looks like Neal East's car. This is the car he rolled, or did he build another one?

18. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

It is Neal's...same car, rebuilt...

Below is Neal East's latest...

R-

[​IMG]

19. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

That is one amazingly clean, simple and beautiful car.

20. Great show, I called Joe last week to see if he had space ... Well dropped my coupe off on Wednesday , going to spend most of Sunday there and collect the car on breakdown.

Was mega chuffed when Joe wanted the coupe as part of the trad section... Very cool.

21. I really dig this A sedan,its similar to my new project.Anyone got any info or more pics,it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

22. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

This is the only other pic I have of it.

[​IMG]

23. I've been living at the show from 8am to 9:30pm and haven't had a chance to post anything yet. I'll be posting a batch once the show is wrapped up. I shot nearly every car in the Kustom Korral tonight - Lots of amazing creations in there!

kiwigasser:
    I'll try to hunt down the black "J3" sedan and post some more picks of it. I'm pretty sure I know right where its at - I just have to sneak out of the booth long enough to get some shots.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  24. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

That would be great! I didn't get to spend nearly enough time at the show. Between traveling and family obligations I had to leave early. I could have spent days there!

25. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Dave you coupe was one of my hands down favorites of the show!

26. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I only took just a couple.

Attached Files:

27. Car show creations - Shots from show to follow:

Here are a few of the images I created while at my booth at the show:

[​IMG]
    1960 Cadillac - Dusk Image by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1932 Ford Roadster - Mitch Parker by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1931 Ford Model A Pickup - Traditional Hot Rod - Mural by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1931 Ford Model A Pickup - Traditional Hot Rod - B&W Background by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1931 Ford Model A Pickup - Traditional Hot Rod - B&amp;W Background - Interior by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1940 Ford Pickup - David Meek - Gas Station by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1940 Ford Pickup - David Meek - Selective Color by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

I'll follow up with shots fromt the show without all the fancy Photoshop work over the next few days.

28. Wow, what a show! I spent the weekend down at the show with the group of kustom guys that Roger put together. I had a great time. I hadn't shown my Buick in quite a while, and I'd almost forgotten how much work it can be.

The cars, the people, the artwork, everything, was super!

I took a ton of pictures, and I thought instead of starting a new thread, I would just put them here. I hope that's ok Mike. So, here we go..................

I'm more of a kustom guy, and not much of a hot rod guy, but I think they are neat. There were so many impressive ones. E

Attached Files:

29. More rods...............E

Attached Files:

30. Here are some classics that are more toward the stock side of the hobby. Beautiful..........E

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011