Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. tjm73

tjm73

I have a plan (two different styles actually) for a T that I want to build. Don't know if either will ever get built though.....

2. See next post.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  3. I know the feeling, Chaddilac. I spend more time on hold than anyone I know.
    But at least I have time to really think through what I want.

4. Just came across Mercury Charlie's old T sans Von Franco flames on You Tube. I liked it better before.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
    Outback likes this.
  5. Here is my T we Built for my wedding this past june

Attached Files:

Outback and BigO like this.
  6. Heres a pic after i had it lettered
    [​IMG]

Outback and BigO like this.
  7. powerwagonmaniac1

powerwagonmaniac1
    from Aloha, OR

How about a Collaboration with my little brother MrModelt....

[​IMG]

I'll be excited to run to Bonneville with him August with these two cars....[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Custom built Model T speedster: 50hp Model T Flathead, stock T transmission and rear end, 3 speed Warford over drive brownie box, custom built body based on a1913 Mercer Type 35J and 1909 Brush runabout. We have tons of hand built parts on the Becker Special that Clayton and I built.

Check out our build thread.... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486634&highlight=mrmodelt

Chris Becker

Outback likes this.
  8. 23crate

23crate
    from nz

man you guys some cool stuff...

mines the one in my avatar... the only recent changes ive done are move houses...

one day,, no hurry still gathering ideas ..

9. Damn, this thing looks like it'd pump out a few ponies. It's like a Deaths Doorstep with a hemi. Wicked.

as

10. I am starting my first hot rod build. 27 phaeton body on an a frame with a 300 ford. I'm using just the front part of the bucket.

Attached Files:

Tin Lizzie likes this.
  11. oj

oj

Heres some working pics of my 27t modified. I am going thru redesign of the rear suspension and it'll be quarter-elips and the frame will end right at the back of the cab. Thats a 331 hemi, dragstar 6X2, ford toploader and late 40's banjo, wide5 with buick drums.
    I really don't consider the 26-7 as a Model T, i think of those 2 years as Pre Model A. Those 2 years are different from other model T, what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

12. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

I am building a '27 on '32 rails started a thread on here a while ago. I am building the body from scratch... 'cos I can. I have not got very far with it yet but progressing steadily...

Here's is one side of the turtle deck part done.

The Buck...
    [​IMG]

The part done quarter...
    [​IMG]

The chassis under construction...
    [​IMG]

A link to my thread if anyone wants to see more... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596032

robert4005 likes this.
  13. Mindover that turtle deck is kool. Wish I had them skills. I would love to have a deck that is as tall as my bucket.

14. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Uhh...Death's Doorstep HAS a Hemi.......:D

15. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

16. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

I'm in the middle of building mine too.

Attached Files:

17. Doh! Open mouth, insert foot.

Outback likes this.
  18. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

19. Wicked looking T in your avatar, DirtyJohn.

20. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Thanks man! I can't take credit for building this version of the car though. James Beaver (Beaver Street Rods) did it all including engine, tranny and chassis. Gonna post up a "built" thread one of these days.

21. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

22. b0160319_22573220.jpg
    Not everyone's cup of "T", but definitely custom: The Galaxian, a 1927 T.
    Click here to see it in action: a full-blown custom 1927 T.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    Outback likes this.
  23. knotttty

knotttty

that is a great looking T.... makes me want to do one next.....

Roy

24. Here's Matt's site. He's the owner of Pipeworx in Austin. In case you need more inspiration.

25. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

one more from the front

[​IMG]

26. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

The rendition is pretty close to the original car my friend built in '58. I'm planning on a 7" cop to make the rear quarter windows almost square. This also means a 4" high rear window and the sheetmetal above and below the window is then 4" as well which I think would be pleasing to the eye. I'm building a tube frame that'll probably be stepped or "Z'ed" I have to ask what you guys did for a roof. I like the slim looking roof that most of the chopped coupes on this post seem to have. I' didn't want to replace the wood bows and do it like a stock one. I've been thinking of 1/8" aluminum, covered with appropriate material top and bottom to keep as much headroom as possible - I'm 6' tall so I'll be sitting pretty low in this car. I also plan to drag race it quite a bit since lawn shows just don't cut it for me too much after doing this for 40 years. Thanx for any suggestions you guys migh thave.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  27. At the risk of oversimplifying, I believe two pieces of plywood sandwiched together would work, assuming you are very careful to cut the lower piece to fit the recess. Once the fitting is done, you pad and upholster the top piece. I'd be most curious to hear from a few of you who have been to this dance.
    Good luck, Ragtop.