Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for project soon, need help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Freakdaddy, Nov 26, 2011.

1. im young, married, and have 3 very young boys. i will be returning home from afghanistan in a few months and want somthing to work on and pass down to my heathens. somthing with room for everyone and nice lines. a common body would be nice, money is a little thin but time is plentifull. im an experenced welder and know how to mechanic pretty well. any suggestions would be welcome. thanks

2. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Freakdaddy,

First of all , thank you for your service...Because of your bravery we can
    live a better life at home.....Here's some cars you may give some thought
    about because of the size of your family....

You can grab 4 drs at a fraction of the cost of 2 drs....Maybe
    55,56,57 Chevy's
    How about 46,47,48 49 50 eras Chevy sedan would also be something to
    keep in mind....

Just a thought!

Good luck on your search!

3. Thanks for your service!
    The 49 through 54 chevys are a good candidate. lots of parts and they look cool. The fastback 4 doors look good as a custom.
    Later,
    Dick

4. 41 C28

41 C28

Thank you for your service. You might want to look for and an old Mopar 4 door. Lots of room and not too expensive.

5. metalix_421

metalix_421

49-54 chevys. you can find them cheap and parts are pretty easy to come by.

6. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Thank you for your service!

52 Buick.

Yours if you want it.

[​IMG]

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I suggest you look at all the pictures and figure out what turns your crank. To finish a project you have to have a passion for it or it will turn into another unfinished project. I never do understand why people ask others what they should build. Build what you like! Only you can determine what that is. You may have to work you way up to your dream car but don't buy something that you won't be satisfied with just because it's cheap or readily available. Just my thoughts

8. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

Also just search your local area craiglist and newspaper classifieds. If you are open to different makes and models you can find something pretty reasonable. Sometimes ebay is ok, but it depends on your area. If you use ebay don't forget to search under parts cars because a bunch of projects are hiding out there too.

9. Gigantor

Gigantor

Curious Rash, you sir, are the MAN.

10. metalix_421

metalix_421

did you get that one out of chickasha? looks spot on to the one I looked at about a year ago.

11. C Rash.....Dam that is nice of you to offer to give this to him......Wish I could do something like that to help out our vets. Hope he takes you up on it. Could make a great family ride.
    WAY TO GO!

12. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Thanks for the Service as well.....and as a ex-jar head...still wear a flat top, I will Pony up some Cash for parts, say $75 if ya get the Rashy Buick......

Semper Fi...

JW

13. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

This , everyone , is what Hot Rodding is all about , I love to hear stories of helping each other out , and comradery(sp) , you 2 guys are where it's at , and , for that , I applaude the both of you....btw thank you for your service , If you love your freedom , thank a vet...

14. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Freakdaddy is the man! I'm just "paying it forward".

The Buick was given to me my a friend at work because he needed to move it from his Dad's property but knew he'd never get to build it. I gave it to a buddy at the time but his life changed drastically and he gave it back. I have since given it to another buddy but we both agree we have too many projects and want to see it go to someone who deserves it, could use the extra doors, and if it turns even one of his boys into a hot rodder it will all be worth it.

The car is a meadow muffin, will need a lot of work but is solid and nearly complete. I think the only trim piece that is not on it, is in it. It was missing the grill teeth but we found some. I think it may be missing a dagmar. It still has the straight eight. The trans is in the trunk.

15. F&J

F&J

I say Shoebox Ford. They usually need rust repair, and you are a welder, so maybe get one cheap. No end to what you can build with one.

16. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Where in Ohio are you gonna be, maybe a ROAD trip in order to meet Rashy and get the car......or maybe draft BenD to help out....I am in Trenton, Near Hamilton, Ohio so be safe watch your 6 and post when you can....

17. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

More pics...

To clarify. The field pics are as I found it. The trailer pic above is the day we got it out of the field. The other pics are of us checking out what it needs.

It was in a garage for a few years, cleaned up, and roller tires put on it. It has spent the last couple years back in a field.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  18. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

By the way, to Freakdaddy, do not feel obligated. Tommy has very good advice up there. If the car doesn't trip your trigger, you may never truly enjoy it.

Inspiration?

19. What an offer, Rashy. I'm thanking you for him, whether he takes you up on it or not.
    Later,
    Dick

20. AeroMonte

AeroMonte

If the Buick doesn't float your boat I've got a 68 Fury II 4dr that you can have if it's more to your liking. It has 63,000 miles with paperwork back to new. The 318 has been tanked, bored .30 with new cam bearings and freeze plugs installed. I believe the trans was gone through before I got it. It's been sitting since 1989 and lived in Arkansas it's whole life. Only one rust hole in the right quarter. The rest is very solid and nothing is missing. Thank you from a fellow soldier.

Just wanted to update, the motor is disassembled and the block and polished crank are sitting in the corner of our bedroom. My wife would be happy if they we not there LOL.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  21. 40mercFlathead

40mercFlathead

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ