Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedster Speed build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by antiqueautomike, Nov 8, 2011.

1. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

Being active in my car clubs has it's complications. I run around with the Spokane Model T Club, Thee inland Emperors, The Spokane Early Ford V8 Club, Montana 500 club, and the Northwest vintage Speedsters. and on top of it I work for my Uncle @ The world famous locally Antique Auto Ranch. A 2 Acre wrecking yard of pre59 domestic cars.

Well every year I do the Montana 500. A 500 mile endurance run for Stock Model T's. In early spring I got talked into chairing the Labor day Speedster Run for the NWVS club.

This is all well and good but the problem was I didn't have a Speedster. Well prioritys take place and one thing I like to put a lot of effort in is running and competing in the Road race. It happens the 3rd week of June so after that was finished it freed up my calendar quite a bit. So after the 500 I put away my road racer and began building a speedster. I don't have a ton of money so just going out and buying one was out of the question. This left me roughly one month to make a car and have it roadworthy enough to make 200 + miles. On top of this my wife and I sold our house and were in the motions to close on our new place. so every night after work I pieced together the 2225 "No Dollar Speedster"

Working at an antique wrecking yard has it's perks and the major one for this project was availability of parts. I wanted to build this car and spend no money out of pocket. I also wanted to use junk parts the average person wouldn't think about using.

Once I started this project I had many customers come in and check up on me regularly. Some of the things that I didn't come up with and were donated were 19" tires, Carburetor, rear spring, hood, fuel tank.

The Car completed all the Miles of the speedster run then I took it on the E. Vs.W run and drove the entire way with no problems. pretty fun for a P.O.S. build in a month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

More Photos from this summer

The address of the Antique auto ranch is 2225 N Dollar Rd.

I have put on about 1000 miles since labor day

Attached Files:

3. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

that is epic! i miss my speedster.

4. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

Very Impressive!

5. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

This Model T is a hand cranker, lights are Mag powered and so is the horn.

6. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I saw your ride at E vs W. I really like the way you made the choke pull come through the radiator. It looked real dependable. Freezing cold, but dependable.
    [​IMG]

I visited relatives in Spokane last summer, and they told me all about the Ranch. Didn't have time to check it out, but I'll definitely be there next year.

7. MrModelT

MrModelT

Mike!

Great to see a build thread on this car...and it was a real treat to see this car in person on my visit last August to pick up the new motor you and Tom had built up for me.

Bravo on the "No Dollar Special" :D

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A couple of photos that I took of them arriving at the East-West No Overheads 2011 run.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This little gal is a keeper for sure.

9. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

Gosh you guys don't even know. She Loves this stuff. Here is her car.

[​IMG]

Here is the "No Dollar Special" on the NWVS run. My uncle is the navigator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Man that's awesome. It looks like it's a blast to drive. I wish I had the resourses to do something like that.

11. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Ron Lile at Godspeedgearheadequipment.com has just started making custom speedster bodies. His phone is (217) 740-2668.

12. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

This was on the way to the E.vs W. run. It was so COLD! Good thing at fuel stops the radiator made for a good roadside heater.

For those of you that have never been to the Antique Auto Ranch... Behold![​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  13. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

ooo the antique auto ranch looks like my kinda place

14. RussTee

RussTee

great job on the speedster ranch looks like a must visit place as well

15. godspeedbear

godspeedbear
    from golden

Cool build...
    If you think that you might ever need some more body parts. I do build bodies.
    001 (2).JPG

002.JPG

021 (2).jpg

16. powerwagonmaniac1

powerwagonmaniac1
    from Aloha, OR

Good lookin' speedster there Mike! I wish I could put one together in a month. I hope to see it next year when Clayton and I drive our hot rods on the E vs W run or maybe this spring when Rick finishes the babbitts in our 1906 Holsman engine.

Chris Becker