Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bo Huff wants to say thank you.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OneFineComet, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Nice. Cant wait

2. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

"come for the pompadour contest, stay for the cars!" or visa-versa. how's about a dirty underwear contest guys and gals? winner gets new chonies and a roll of t.p.

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Sounds like a blast! Won't be able to make it, hopefully some incriminating photos will surface here afterwards!
    Good to hear Bo's doing better!

4. krooser

krooser

One word...airplane...

5. Im in!

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

last I saw his '57 Ranchero was still For Sale. So, take a bunch of cash with you to buy it.

7. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

My wife and I will be there. I saw Bo when I got married back in April at the Rat City Rukkus in Vegas and he was looking healthy compared to before huis treatments. Good color in his skin and his beard and hair growing in full. Good signs pointing to positive health. It will be at the Club Center Dr. address. This show is always worth the trip and is a do not miss event because it's usually a really good time. Tons of nice rides, great vendors, and an all around fun event.

8. Lesabre

Lesabre
    from joisey

I met Bo a few months ago when I was traveling with Terry Cook. I was totally floored by how awesome Bo and his entire family is. His museum is exceptional between his cars and his incredible collection of kooky cool stuff. Bo rocks.

They call it Stormy Monday but Tuesdays just as bad.

9. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Does anyone know if it cost to get in? I have been looking online and nothing...

10. I was wondering the same. The last show was 5 or 10 bucks.

11. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Yep...I would join you guys. Couple of BC boys with Ryan and beer...I think we would have a good time:D

12. Greezeball

Greezeball

Fuck!! I wish I still had enough hair to grow a pomp! LOL!

13. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I just found out 5 to park 5 to get in

14. Mo$4Ford

Mo$4Ford

This Is What Is Printed On The Flyer
    Show=$20
    Park=$5
    Spectator=$5
    Motorcycles=$10
    All Proceeds Will Go Towards Bo Huff's Medical Treatment And Recovery Expenses

15. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Lame that they are charging for parking. They've never charged for parking before.

16. Great show. Ill post a few pics later on. Met some great people, saw some great cars and bands.

17. I went to a local fundraiser for a local hot rod kid recently (terminal by the way, godrest) and at the silent auction folks were pissing and moaning about the items or writing $1.00 with thier name next to it as if they were proud?? Fortune would show as minutes before several folks came forward and made large $$ to help the kid in his trying time.
    My point, is this, a fundraiser is to help a friend or a former stranger with a cause thru donations and to feel like we helped in some small way, remember, it could be you or a loved one's name on that poster.........

Parking fee? Seems like a good cause.........

18. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Oldguard, they never charged a parking fee before, not even when it was held last year at the Moss Ford dealership. Legally, they can't charge because there are several other businesses in the lot area that were open. Honestly though, I like the new location, but the security should wand people or something. I recognized a few bad seeds in the event.

19. I didnt pay for parking when i got there. So, i dunno if there was a separate parking area just for the show.

20. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

We didn't pay for parking either, just the $5 to get in. PS it was a lot of fun, and a pretty good turnout

21. No one has any Pics ???????????

22. Lots of Hambers were in attendance, got a shirt from ACME, watched the pin-up contest (which was very vintage in attire and well done by Lisa Love), said hi to Winfield, and watched some good bands.-Weeks

23. SUCIO

SUCIO

Im surprised that no one has posted pics yet. I couldnt make it out there

24. BadLuck

BadLuck

where the PICS!!!!???

25. Ill post what i have. But i have to resize them.

26. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

I'd post pics, but they were all taken by my friends and I hate taking other people's photos and posting them on sites I'm not sure they are on.

27. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

JunkYardFind, please recheck the "featured Video" on your site-only see a few seconds of the flyer and of band performing

28. desotot

desotot

thanks junkyardfind, great movie!

29. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Yeah, they didn't charge for parking after all. Should up with my wife a little late (around 3:45), had fun hanging out with some of my friends and seeing other friends I hadn't seen in a while.

30. I had a blast at the show. I was expecting a small show.was I wrong. Went to del mar earlier in the day, and if I knew how good the huff show was I would have skiped the del mar show.