Register now to get rid of these ads!

classic 48 chevy fleetmaster sedan

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Bill Gray, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Bill Gray

Bill Gray
    from Alabama

Hey I'm new on this forum, however, I need some help with my new chevy toy. I need a picture of the linkage on the tranmission for this classic car. I don't beleive this has the vacuum as has been mention in other notes. Looks as though some parts are missing. Hey has anybody any help on this problem? Bill

2. 48fleetmaster

48fleetmaster

Bill,
    What can I help you with? I have and drive a '48 Fleetmaster. I removed the vacuum assist from my car. I installed a vaccum assist bypass linkage rod. My Vacuun assist "can" froze up over time and made my shifter on my column almost unmoveable. So, I removed it, installed the bypass linkage and down the road I went. I have repair manuals I could take pictures of, ot I could take photos of the car itself. Let me know what I can help you with.

My dads best friend lives in Cullman Alabama. How far are you from Cullman?

3. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Welcome from Nevada, I had a 41 Special Deluxe with the Vacuum Assist,worked OK after reaching operating temps. but would fight you when cold.I think lotsa guys removed it .

4. X77D80

X77D80
    from New Mexico

Welcome,
    Sorry I cant help, my 47 has a floor shifted 3 speed. :(

5. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.