Register now to get rid of these ads!

old timer pranks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Clik

Clik

While cruising from job to job in plumbing truck we passed a lot of lazy beggers at intersections. It was fun to watch them pickup a quarter that had been heated with a torch. Ooooouchhh!

2. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

saran wrap stretched tight over the toilet bowl, watch someone take a leak on their shoes or worse. Someone taking too long in the can?, reach in the door flip off the light, jam the door from outside and get several people to yell fire!!

3. amx180mph

amx180mph

Years ago I worked for a GM dealership and the owner was a like a 45 year old virgin. Even any mention about something sexual and he would turn beet red and he would leave the room. He had a thing for firetrucks and had a photo album of his trucks he showed anyone that he could . One day we cut out a picture from Playboy and put it into the center of his photo album. That day he had a young couple that he had cornered and whipped out the photos. He turned each page explaining each photo until the magical page appeared. He nearly passed out, slammed the album shut, went into his office never to be seen for the rest of the day.

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I forgot about the toilet volcano, this only works if it has a regular tank, turn off the water to the toilet, flush it to let all the water out of the tank and bowl , you may have to lift up the flapper, fill the tank with several gallons of vinegar, now take a box of baking soda, spread it above the waterline in the bowl, it's best to make it look like someone just cleaned it, the next poor sap who comes in and flushes will have the surprise of his life,when the water turns into a foaming mess pouring over the sides :D

5. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I worked at a place that soldered circuit boards. We used a thin wire to make jumpers to connect different components on the PC boards. The wire was about the same diameter as the solder and one of the favorite tricks of one of the techs was to wrap a few revolutions of the wire around a spool of solder. The unsuspecting mark would start to apply heat to the "solder" with the soldering iron and then suddenly feel it get extremely hot.

6. classicfins

classicfins

We used to do that to a certain guy that hung out at the local arcade. He had a '63 Impala and was one of these guys that could dish it out, but never could take it. Eventually we started wiring it his right blinker. He'd get down to the bottom of the hill and go to turn right and that horn woould start honking. OMG we laughed our asses off for 2 years withthat guy..

7. classicfins

classicfins

For years the body shop at our local Chevrolet dealership has some loose change glued to the floor in front of the vending machines. It was a blast watching the customers try to pick it up.

8. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

I have tossed a short string of six 'Black Cat' firecrackers into the welding work a guy was doing - just after he dropped the hood to strike an arc.

Takes a few seconds but he got a real bang out of it.

9. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

10. these pranks keep everyone on the toes .....

until the next one comes around =)

11. Clik

Clik

That's a good one but a really good one doesn't have such a positive outcome.

12. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

My brother and i were welders in the Air National Guard.Every weekend this guy would come over begging us to teach him to weld.One weekend we said sure,ran some dragrod which anyone can run to show him how easy it is.We had him put on gloves and a helmut and turned him loose.What he didnt know was we had slipped some big sparklers in the box and when he struck an arc it lit.We are hollering at him to put it out,he lifts the lid and starts to blow on it,shaking it,whatever he can think of and finally pinches the stinger and it falls on the floor still burning,all the while us laughing at him.Needless to say he never came back for lessons.

13. Several years ago I worked at a body shop/junkyard that only dealt with front wheel drive Chrysler products. The boss bought alot of wrecks to rebuild as well as to part out and we had a girl who worked full time for us delivering parts. She drove a maroon Dodge Spirit that she had bought from the boss. One day while she was out delivering parts we got a shipment of cars in from the salvage auction that included a badly wrecked maroon Spirit... So we hid her car behind the body shop and put the wrecked car complete with her plates on it in its place. When she got back that afternoon we sat her down, gave her a beer and told her there had been an unfortunate accident with the yard wrecker..... I didn't read all 500+ responses but had anyone else mentioned Antiseize on the doorknobs of the shop ? That's an old one.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  14. mopar57

mopar57

take a large zip tie or panduit strap and put it on the driveshaft so when you start driving the strap slaps yhe floor and than you stop it stops making noise.good fun for a few minutes.

15. SMOG_GUY

SMOG_GUY
    from Dinuba

Windshield squirters that would hose down a pedestrian in the crosswalk. We'd put the squirter behind the grille of the car.

A rubber snake placed around the toilet at the shop is pretty good, too.

16. SMOG_GUY

SMOG_GUY
    from Dinuba

Stapling the legs on your coworker's uniform pants.
    If you dress at work this is priceless.

17. TV

TV

I just remember the night at the Foster Freeze in 1962, some friends had an old 49 Chev wagon with no windows that had been used to deliver flowers the kind with the rear swing out door.This thing had the old inline 6 with 3 on the tree. We punched holes in the rear inside wheel covers and two us got oil cans and got in the back and shot oil on the rear tires, the place was packed with all the boys and girls with the hot cars. When we left we burned rubber for half a mile, we slid sideways out on to main and was still burning into the next block. When we came back and parked everyone wanted to lift our hood we said not a chance.--TV

18. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

This wasn't a prank but sure got people scratching their heads. On of the guys had an old Plymouth with a gas tank that had about an inch of crud in the bottom. Every few days he had to put an air line to the gas line to clear it. He got tired of this and installed a boat gas tank in the trunk. We would pull into a gas station and when the attendant came out and asked "how much gas" my friend would ask where the water hose was and pulled out an aspirin and showed the attendant. He would make sure the attendant would see him put he aspirin in the stock tank and fill it with water! I can't tell you how many times we pulled this off with attendants just scratching their heads as we drove off!

19. 63 Avanti 3137

63 Avanti 3137

1965 Hood River, Or. back when every one cruised on the weekend.
    I was just a kid but always remembered one Sat morning jaw session between my Dad who was a mechanic and into Hot Rods and a kid he helped out a lot.
    Bill was a trouble maker and was my 'hero' as a kid.. I always saw him as the template for The Fonz later on... He ran a 56 chevy with a split six that regularly upset the V8 guys and was only to well known by the local cops.

So that morning he tells about the Friday night antic's they got into.
    As you left down town to head up the valley there was about a 1/4 mile series of very sharp corners that had to be negotiated which when you reached the top opened up to a nice long straight stretch with 1/4 mi markings made by some 'outlaw' hotrodders or someone. It was a regular spot for guys who needed to test their ride and as such a prime spot for the cops to wait on a busy night
    That night on the first pass of the rounds he noticed the local law parked right at the top of the hill leaving town backed up against a power pole. Hood River had a lot of loggers back then and that meant plenty of logging chains and Bill had one. So next time around he stopped at the bottom of the corners just below where the cop was parked and snuck up and chained one end to the axle and one end to the power pole.
    Then he went blasting up the hill making sure the cop was ready for him when he got to the top and when he hit the straight stretch nailed it and was gone. The cop was all ready for him and he nailed it too, started... but 60 feet later stopped. Suddenly. Just like in the movie that was made many years later. Ripped that rear end right out.
    Back then that was a prank... now it's probably terrorism.

20. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

The ol' rear end chain trick...1958, Paso Robles: My cousin Ed and I went down to visit (from San Jose) and met up with 'the crew'...Ed had been bannished to San Jose for his antics in Paso, so he was keen on getting some revenge...in the form of mischief.

We went to the 'dam', a manmade lake at the top of a hill, Paso's drinking water...the road wound around and around, as it went to the top.
    On the way up, young lovers would park off to the side, amongst apple trees planted there.

Here was an unsuspecting fellow and his date, parked in a '55 Chevy 4-door. Ed took no time at all chaining the Chevy up...about 20 feet of slack in the chain, then we bombarded the Chevy with apples, 5 guys throwin'! The lover had the Chevy fired with tires spinning, all the way to the end of the chain. BOOM! The rear came halfway out, bumper sitting on the tires, we jumped in Ed's 312 T-Bird powered '53 Ford and were in the wind.

It wasn't really Ed's idea...he'd seen Eddie Haskell pull it on Lumpy's '40 ragtop on Leave it to Beaver a month prior.
    That Chevy sure bounced back, though...

21. In high school we had a mechanically challenged friend that straddled a swale when he parked in front of his girls house. One night we dropped his drive shaft and another we removed his steering whell, both times he was frantic and ofcourse we had to reinstall them.

When I got married and were leaving the reception, my car was dead a good buddy had wrapped a piece of electrical tape around the battery terminal and reinstalled the cable, that was hard to find, actually he had to tell us :)

22. Clik

Clik

Old shop truck with tool body. Mech goes on service call. Opens tool bins to find co-worker has stuffed them to the max with dirty disposable diapers. He can't get to the tools without getting past the diapers that were compacted in the bins.

23. round2it

round2it
    from duvall wa
    1. A-D Truckers

Zip tied a cow bell to a buddies front driveshaft on his 4x4. Lots of noise.
    Put Limburger cheese on a cousins intake manifold. Smelled like hell.

24. Oh good times. I got into lots of mischief. Back in the late 70s I developed a trick to pay on certain car guys that tried to hang around our rented warehouse/garage. I got a 2'' wide piece of inner tube and wired it to the drive shaft and then tape the rest of it up to the drive shaft also. When they drove off they felt a vibration that got worse as the speed increased till the tape let go, it sounded like world war 3 was happening under the car. They never came back. JW

25. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

So, co-worker thought it would be funny to interfere with guy trying to do his job, and possbily make him very ill from exposure to human waste?

26. pbajeff

pbajeff
    from 79065

Later 70s when I was in tech school we had to take a welding class. At the start of the class one of the more intellectually challenged students was told to string the leads out the door to start trying to make a repair on a trailer the school had. Buddy and I followed him out where the trailer was. I was by the welding machine right inside the door, but he couldn't see me. My buddy stood in the doorway and picked up the lead. Every time the kid trying to weld would strike an arc my buddy would bend the lead. When I saw him do that, I would shut the machine off. Teacher was standing there watching us and laughing his butt off. The kid kept yelling at my buddy till he finally saw the teacher and started complaining to him. Took the teacher minute to regain his composure, but then he told the kid that wasn't the problem, his problem was the rods he was using were not slick enough. He need to go to the tool room and get some rod oil. As he was heading off to go to the tool room the teacher hollers at him, "and make sure you get 90 weight cause 30 weight is too thin for big job like that.

Then the teacher looked over at us and said you guys made my day, but you better get out of here before he comes back. We both got an A in that class.

27. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

Two drops of used gear oil on a band aid. Stick it under the dash. It smells forever.

28. 302aod

302aod
    from Pelham,Tn.

Back in the 70s Halloween was a time to do some mean pranks. Somebody put a bale of hay in the road. My cousin had his brothers 55 more door chev. We got a quart of gas and the hay bale in his trunk, went to a place on the interstate that had a bridge, but no ramps. Dropped the hay and gas over the side of the bridge, waited for a car to come around the curve way up the road, and drop a cherry bomb on the hay. The 1st one went off, but didn't catch fire, but the 2nd one lit up the world. All we heard was brakes squieling. Another time a guy that worked with us at the Ford dealership had an old Econoline van with seats with the metal showing. Somebody hooked a wire from the coil to the metal on the seat springs. He cranked it and you could see him jumping up a little. He wasn't sure what happened, so he cranked it again. He then saw several of us watching him from the shop door and figured out something was wrong.

29. Something to do to make a guy scratch his head......wire a capped pipe with a marble in it to the rear springs of an unsuspecting guy's car. Every time the guy turns a corner, he will hear that stupid marble rattle. Takes them quite a while to figure it out.