Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mustang II IFS front Suspension question...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigPoppaPump, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Trying to order a set of chrome smoothies for my uncle's 36 Chev for Christmas without him knowing. I know he has a Nova rear end & a mustang II IFS kit installed about 15-20 years ago. My question is, what would the most probable bolt patern be on the IFS? Would it normally be a Ford 4 1/2" bolt pattern?

2. Phil1934

Phil1934

All the 9.3" 5 bolt rotors are aftermarket so he would have gone 4-3/4" Chevy to match rear. I would not risk ordering wheels on that. Take a bolt circle template by and check.

3. check with wheelkid on here,alotta chromies have BOTH ford and chevy patterns on them

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

no. it could be either. more than likely it is chevy since it is a chevy car with a chevy rear. if it was a full rotor to rotor kit made for the chevy then it is 99.9% chevy pattern, if he bought a crossmember and sourced all the parts himself it could be anything. I say find chrome smoothies with dual bolt pattern just to be safe

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

9.3" ?? my FATMAN setup has 11" GM rotors. fit a 80's Camaro if memory serves me right.

6. I was talking to Glassguy & he was saying the same thing. I think I'll be safe. I'm pretty sure I remember my Uncle telling me he had ford bolt pattern up front, but that was years ago. The smoothies on Summit have both patterns on them, so I think I'll be safe.

Thanks fellas

7. JerryLee

JerryLee

Yeah, I would do what Phil said, measure with a template. I used '79 Firebird brakes on the MII on my '37 Plymouth.

8. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

GIFT CERTIFICATE.... Always a great fit and always the correct color. Nice of you to dial him in with such a nice gift. Stu

9. I agree with Stu D Baker on this one ... I really like the gift certificate idea myself ... allows the owner of the car to pick not only the correct bolt pattern, but also the correct width and offset/backspacing.

Would really suck if the wheels fit the rotor/axle but stuck out 3" beyond the fender. Reason I am bringing this up is because my personal car needs a very specific width and backspace otherwise I am hitting either the frame or fender is the back or the caliper or fender in the front. In my case I "need" to be the buyer of my next rims.

Best of luck