Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rod doors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sk_rodz, Nov 23, 2011.

1. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

A few years ago, a company called rod doors went out of buisness. Does anyone know where their equiptment went? Is someone still making these door panels under another name? Any info on this company?

2. Phil1934

Phil1934

They still go to the swap meets and sell off the remainder along with other lines. They were in Moultrie, GA last week. Should be in Fla next.

3. ArizonaBill

ArizonaBill
    from Arizona

4. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

Thanks bill, that is the info I was looking for. last I heard they was looking for a buyer.

5. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I may be way off base with this. But for some reason I thought Rod Doors was located / based in Newburyport, Mass . There is a guy on ebay who sells seats / bomber seats on ebay with an Amesbury, Mass location. Not sure if he is related to this company but may be worth an inquiry or look at his work.

6. I had RodDoors panels in my '56 Chevy wagon.....neat idea, but not very cheap by the time you get them fit and covered

7. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

Bought a set for a car several years ago. A person could make some cheaper by getting a sheet of 1/8" ABS board and some sculptured foam.

Sign makers also have sheets of Sintra, Komatex, CelTec, or Palight that works great.

8. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I bought LeBaron's panels bare for my sedan, about $300.