Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Lost mercury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruiser, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser

Getting close on some new information, I'm following up on it and trying to sort it all out. The information doesn't look good for the Merc. Will put my findings into an article at a later date.

CRUISER :cool:

2. Cruiser

Cruiser

3. Cruiser

Cruiser

4. Cruiser

Cruiser

:D Always looking for more information on the Dave Bugrain Merc, anything you might know post it please. :D

5. Any updates on the search Wayne?

6. Cruiser

Cruiser

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Still need some information, any one out there know anything, evening a rumor?

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

7. Cruiser

Cruiser

:D Still looking for more information on the Bugain Mercury, any info is appreciated.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

8. I hate to say it man, but this search dont seem to be going anywhere. :( I keep hearing different leads to this car but they dont end up leading to nothing.

9. [​IMG]
    How about this stunning picture on the bottom right ....... What a great shot of Miss San Pedro at that awesome looking show.

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

JeffSled - It must seem to you that this search is leading nowhere. You need to realize it takes a lot of time to follow up on leads to prove them right or wrong. Trying to find persons from over forty years ago, who might know some thing about the car isn't easy, it takes a lot of time and patience. I'm still following up on four leads about the car and like me you must be patient.

Thanks for the page from Custom Rodder.

11. Well this was another car that came to Barris as a mild custom and was finished at the Barris shop.Does anyone have any pictures of this gorgeous merc with the cad grill in it? I would really like to see more photos of it before it went to Barris' shop.I know in the Barris book volume #1 there is a photo it showing the cad grill frenched headlights and shaved door handles but I would love to see the rest of this car. Miss San Pedro was a Heavy Hitter.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  12. OP, you have the vin of the car?

13. Cruiser

Cruiser

Pro Stock John - I'm not looking to buy the the Merc I'm searchingfor information on the car and tracing it's history and where abouts. Bill's tribute is nice, it's not quit right in my eyes, close but no cigar. :D

14. My mistake Egg on my face cruzer any luck

15. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

for all the time looking for it you could have started a real nice clone by now?? How do you know the car is still around at all?

16. Cruiser

Cruiser

I have no interest in building a Merc clone or otherwise. I'm tracing the history of the Bugarin Merc for an artical on this lost car. :D

17. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

oh an artical ok good luck.

18. dj bugarin

dj bugarin

Im Dave's son Iwill be checking in regularly for any updates

19. Cruiser

Cruiser

There will be an article on the Bugarin Merc next year (2012) in Kustoms Illustrated. The article will cover the years after the car left the Bugarin family to the date it went missing.

20. Nice ! I cant fuc*ing wait to read this ! Thanks Cruiser.

21. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

If it was cruising in good condition in '77 then baring theft or fire it must still be around.
    A lot were exported to Sweden, Japan and England in the eighties and onwards. It might be worth checking abroad. More pictures would help.

Ed

22. roddinron

roddinron

I wouldn't bet on that. The 70's and 80's were a bad time for customs. Many were pretty "run down" by then. Old customs just weren't desirable enough to most people at that time to warrant the cost of restoration, and many (to put it delicately) "disappeared". :( I sure hope this one survived.

23. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

Rik Hoving posted this pic on his website, the pic came from the Barry Mazza collection and the caption stated that the car was junked. Is that true??

Attached Files:

24. Cruiser

Cruiser

** Go to Rik Hoving web site for more pictures -
    http://public.fotki.com/rikster/11_car_photos/beautiful_custom_cars/barris-1/

25. Cruiser

Cruiser

Grooybaby6 - There is no evidence that the was was junked, it may still be out there although the odds are slim.

26. after I looked closer I could see the door was incorrect missing having any luck with your search

27. austin514

austin514

that cars in springfield ohio im sure its the same car he had pics of the changes over the years . now its pink with a carson style top . i seen it at springfield ohio humane society car show. look for car show pics from the area maybe urbana ohio area. i will look and see if i can find it

28. austin514

austin514

Clark County Humane Society's
    Carl Bobbitt Memorial Car Show Fund Raiser
    June 12, 2011
    Springfield, OH
    Pictures By Bob Trinkle

this is the show it was at but there no pics of it

29. roddinron

roddinron