Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Busteddrum

Busteddrum

Here is my project I dragged home last week:
    [​IMG]

I don't remember where I read it but I like it:" Another straight body classic saved from a restorer"

james reynolds likes this.
  2. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Here is my old one and the start of my new one . The 23 roadster is hanging on my wall .

Attached Files:

3. MrModelT

MrModelT

I'm Re-building my '26 Roadster....if that counts :D

Last year:
    [​IMG]

This past weekend:
    [​IMG]

Getting it all ready for a trip to Speed Week next year.

4. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Gotta get a couple other projects out of the way first but I have been collecting parts for my 26 Coupe. Here is the plan:

26 Coupe body
    32 Chevy frame(bobbed and set up with Model A crossmembers)
    52 Olds 303 w/cragar 4x2 induction
    either saginaw 3 speed(cause I have about four of them laying around) or a T5
    model A front axle dropped 3'' and front bones
    48 F1 front brakes, steering, rearend, wheels

Attached Files:

5. grey46

grey46

Well not building one now but here's a pic of one I did a few years back ,started with a 100 % rust free bone stocker. Ended up Ford 302 power ,C-4 and an 8 inch rear. Was a great car . Good luck with yours .

Attached Files:

6. Bilt

Bilt

"YoungGun" do you have a build thread on here yet....Hint Hint
    "MrModelT" i wish I could just get one finished...but no you have to build a cool car then re-build it!!!! lol Any changes in the new plans or just going to freshen it up?

7. rjgideon

rjgideon

I am planning on a glass 27 roadster. Mopar big block, pushbutton auto. Picked up a '40 front end last weekend for it.

8. d-rod!

d-rod!

in the early stages of my 27 coupe also , considering not chopping mine either, channeled and z'd with a caddy or pontiac and some kind of stick shift trans ,totally early 60s show car style

9. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I'm just getting started on building a copy of the car that inspired me back in 1958! Right now, the coupe body is off the frame, all the garnishes, dash etc. are out and it's on it's way to the media blaster. I was lucky enough to find one with very little rust - just a small hole in the right side quarter panel and a bit where the spare tire bracket was bolted on. Here's a pic of what I'm shooting for. Jeff Norwell did this artwork for me back in 2004.

Attached Files:

• t42.JPG
      t42.JPG
      File size:
      67.7 KB
      Views:
    sodakmini, Greezeball and hipster like this.
  10. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

Mr Model T's jewel is always nice to see.

Here is mine.

Attached Files:

• 062.JPG
      062.JPG
      File size:
      241.4 KB
      Views:
    • 064.JPG
      064.JPG
      File size:
      238.4 KB
      Views:
  11. One more I've always liked. CHOPPED T IN HEAVY GREEN FLAKE.jpg

hipster likes this.
  12. YoungGunn

YoungGunn
    from Camas, WA

Bilt, no I havent made a build thread yet. Something Ive been needing to do but been to bussy looking at everyone elses! haha. Heres a couple pictures with the body on as of tonight. Only thing thats going to change is adding a Sids 4 inch drop axle and 700x16 whitewalls in the rear.

13. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

I am building a 27 T coupe , Model A frame, 3" sweep in front, 8" Z in rear. 4" channel, don't plan on chopping the top. 9" rear , coil over,doing the floor right now. LOOKING FOR A WINDSHIELD FRAME......PINCHER

14. rotenjon

rotenjon

I am building a 27 Tudor with a 4" chop "only cuz the guy that had the body defore me screwed it all up". 53 flatty, 39 trans open drive, banjo rearend, 40 front axle with 3" drop.

15. SOHC427

SOHC427

Gota love the Tall T's, got 3 of them, and a TT.

Eric

16. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

long term project
    [​IMG]

17. Glad to hear a few tall ones are coming together.

18. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Perfect! What wheelbase did you go with?

19. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

YEP!! there is something about a T coupe no fenders and NOT CHOPPED they just look so cool stock height

20. As short as I could get it! :D

It's 108 1/2" if I remember right.

21. Danburnsart

Danburnsart
    from 59044

building a 27 t coupe.....

Attached Files:

22. A couple more...

Attached Files:

23. MrModelT

MrModelT

Bilt,

There are going to be a few changes, mostly to the suspension (there were some things that I needed to fix), that I deemed necessary before I drive this thing to Bonneville next year. I don't wanna hi-jack this thread, but if you wanna read more on the new mods and follow the build....the link to my thread is in my signature.

24. 48bill

48bill

A long time project, since 1994. Steel front 1/2 of a 26 T touring car. 231 Buick V6(will be replaced by a Chev straight 6). 2X4 tube chassis, tapered in front and model A rear 22" + crossmember. 34 Ford axle and split bones, spring behind axle, axle under a chromed & sectioned duece shell and insert. maybe on the road summer 2012 or ???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    Lil'Alb and Greezeball like this.
  25. Thay, it's good to see you didn't succumb to peer pressure and chop yours... 8=)

26. 19Fordy

19Fordy

This posting reminded me that a friend of mine has a 1927 tall "T" project for sale if anyone wants another one. PM me and I'll send you more info. It's in FL. Thanks, JIM

27. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

I've been rubbing wrenches on this one for the last six years. Don't know if it will ever be done.Good thing it's been a driver the driver most of that time. Plan to do some more up grades this winter.. It started out as someones unfinished project...

Attached Files:

28. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

It would be cool to see a tech article on how to channel a car like this. I'm also wondering how a T coupe body compares to a model A body in dimensions at the frame level. Just thinking a T might look cool on a deuce style frame - Hiboy style. Any ideas on either plan?

29. Congrats, Ragtop. Sounds like you're doing it right going down to fresh metal.
    What is your plan for the frame and drivetrain? Is it going to have a mild chop? It looks like it's chopped in the illustration, which is a cool rendering, BTW. I'd be interested in to hearing more.

30. And let's not forget this bad boy from the Pipeworx crew that debuted at LoneStar 2010.

Attached Files: