Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mobil gargoyle sign

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crotex, Nov 20, 2011.

1. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

I know this is a little off topic but I just bought a mobil oil gargoyle lollipop curb sign. It's two sided and has the stand. I have been researching many of websites and decided it wouldn't hurt to ask here either. What do you guys know about this type of sign. What were years of production is what I really want to know. Thanks

2. Sure would be easier with a picture, have you checked any of the petrolania web sites. Lots of info out there for collectors.

3. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Bet you will have an answer in less than an hour. A lot of collectors on here.

4. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Early 1930's was part of Vacuum Oil company<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. badshifter

badshifter

Pictures or it's just another of your fantasy posts. Unless you found it in that stash of hemi, ardun, and other rare parts stash you "found" a few months ago.

6. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

My book says 1901-1931 if it also has "socony vacuum" then 1931-1946

7. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

How do you post such a question with no photo ? How do you NOT have a photo of the sign.

8. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

9. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Then there is the possibility that someone had a Mobil oil porcelain sign stolen and someone looking for $ value to sell. Sad.

10. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

Saw one in an antique store today. Both sides were really nice. The tag said that it was reduced from $850 to $750.

11. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Is this true crotex? not cool!:mad:

12. kisam

kisam

Hey Crotex I have a piece of shit 32-34 Ford Truck grill I'll trade you for the sign?? Oh wait your the one that sold it to me!

13. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

I have a re kept for the sign that I will send a picture of to anyone who would like to see. Aldo I will gladly send pictures of the sign to anyone who messages me their number so I can send a pic from my phone to yours. I have an iPad that I dontknow how to load pictures onto. I will also send pics of any other stuff I need too. I never mentioned finding Ardun heads, read all my threads. Also do have hemi parts I have found. I can send pics of them too. As for me being banned before, no I have not been. L Tex old iron belonged to a man named James fox. That is not me. And kisam, the grill you bought from me had pictures you had seen clearly before buying it. Let's not forget to mention that you picked up this grill in person from my house and took it home with you. You had the grill for WEEKS before deciding it was too thin to weld to and asked for yourmoney back when it was long gone and tried giving me a grill back you practiced welding on. Anyone feel free to send mea Pm with a number and I will gladly send pics of reasonable and requested.

14. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

15. kisam

kisam

That's not true and I have PM's to prove it. I bought the grill and all pm's were from "ltex old iron" and the money was paid to Kris Blutzer. Is this not you?? So you admit I bought it from you and now your not ltex old iron?? And it wasn't weeks, you left 10 minutes before I got to your house in Victoria, I pm'd you within a week (as soon as I got back home). I offered to bring the grill to you at Lonestar Roundup. You said your partner had already spent his half for a dog operation. I offered to sell it back to you for 1/2 what I had paid. You put a crappy cell phone pic up that didn't show the true condition, and didn't describe it as it really was. I never welded on it. Your a liar!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  16. hey crotex, whatever happened to the old barn on your cousins farm that was full of old T and A parts, or the 32 tudor with the tree growing through it you found or the previously undiscovered car yard you also found, hope you got your hands on some of that stuff, your either full of shit or one lucky son of a bitch whos able to sniff out vintage tin from miles away.
    Do yourself a favor though,get your hand off it, go buy yourself a camera, learn how to use it and post your pics on here along with your fantastical stories cause otherwise most of us are always going to cry wolf, for those who don't believe just check out his post history.