Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from East Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by TRUCKRODDER, May 29, 2005.

1. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I have been lurking here for awhile and finally have taken the time to register.
    I have seen that there are quite a few Texans on this board which really drew me to this board and the fact that alot of you are into the same style vehicles that I am. I am currently building my 51 Chevy pu , which has a Camaro clip and the frame is near completion. The truck was my Dad's when I was young and was given to me when I turned 16. After blowing up a few motors Dad got smart and parked it in the barn where it has sat until 10 years ago when he gave it back to me. Looking forward to input from you guys during my build and I will help anyway I can with anyone elses. My wife is now also bitten with the bug and spots justs as much old iron as I do on our road trips. Anyway happy to be on board!:cool:

2. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Where's the love man , where's the love?

3. 30roadster

30roadster

You bout as lonely as Cooter Brown?:D
    Mount Pleasant.....they have electricity for computers up there? must be a new thing:D See who loves ya!

I've got a 51 Chevy PU - I haven't touched it for about 2 years ever since I got my roadster to work on.

Have you got any pictures of your pick-em-up?

4. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

We always have a welcome for a Texan. Even if they are suspiciously close to Arkansas. ;)

Welcome to the HAMB. It's a fun and funny place to hang out.

5. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

:( I was starting to get a complex , no one would talk to me [wahhhh]. We have electricity , most times, and we even got our oneholers inside now , yesirree!
    And the internet is still dial up at my house :eek: , but at work it is very fassstt! Now , don't confuse us with Arkansas just cause we still make the shine round here , we love our cuzins just not like that! ;)

6. 30roadster

30roadster

Just funnin Ya :)
    hehe - my wife's from Hemphill.... I married into the clan...Scotish definition...not the pillow case on your head idiots.

There is a McDaniel behind every damn pine tree in East Texas....and if there happens to not be a McDaniel....it's a first cousin:D
    When We got married the photographer asked the grooms family to come up to the front of the church for a picture...all 4 of us came....then He said now the brides family.... I asked him if he was sure he knew what he was doing... he kept backing up so he could get them all in the picture:D

Good friend from Dental School was from Mount Pleasant - Know any Roys?

7. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I don't know any Roys. Yeah my wifes family is really big like that. Her Dad has like 9 siblings ,her grandfathers family had 11 kids and they all had quite a few kids , all farm families. My family is so small that we all have about died out. :D

8. tid

tid

welcome, I lived in Longview for a couple of years when I was working for Lone Star Steel back in the day

9. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

We go to Longview some , always some nice cars running around over there.
    Yeah I know of a few people that used to work at Lone Star before the big layoff in the 80's, and a few that still work there and get laid off every few years. :)

10. JEB

JEB

Hey, welcome Truckrodder! Glad to see you on the board. Got any pics of your 51? Do you have any tricks planned for your build? I'm thinking about notching the frame and putting a camaro front clip under there to help drop my 54 down low.

I used to date a girl from Longview, mmmmmm MMMMM! Love those Northeast Texas women (Thanks to Willis Allan Ramsey).

11. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the HAMB. Kind of needy aren't ya. :D

12. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I have a 78 Camaro clip under mine , the track width is a little wider but it looks good. I used a Bitchin firewall and floorboard but I think it could have been done a little cheaper.I have shaved the door handles and I am working on one piece door glass. Going to put a metal floor in my bed from a 90 Chevy stepside , it makes it clean and usable.Looking for some Chrome reverse wheels and probably wide whites to keep a sixties theme, still debating over the paint since I need to paint the interior and firewall before I go much further.Yeah Northeast Texas gals are the best in my book , of course I married one;) .