Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Do we have any 1957 Oldsmobile Lovers here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Centurion9, Nov 16, 2011.

1. I'm love to start a Collection of '57 Olds Mild Customs, or Rodded Cars for myself and everybody else who wants a reference Thread in the future. Beautiful cars. I'll begin by posting some I've found....Thanks Guys....Centurion9

2. i love em, but ill just have to deal with having my 58 instead:rolleyes:.

3. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Love the rear window on the 57's but I also like all the 54-57 Oldsmobiles.

4. 55olds88

55olds88

I too dig the 54-57 Olds's after I bought my 55 up in Phoenix 16 years ago I was down at Vallejo and there was a purple grape coloured 57 Olds 98 there, I had never seen anything like it before (never sold here in NZ) and it blew my mind. Would still love a 57 but there are a bunch of 88's down here so resisting at the moment, but if a 98 came up at the right price I would be in big trouble.

5. Darkharts

Darkharts
    from Corona

Yes, two generations here, i had mine first but pop ended up with a finished one while mine goes 1 step forward and two back always- treadle vac going away now.

[​IMG]

6. KalleWirsch

KalleWirsch

Hi,

my car is origin, but made ins Swizerland.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 57olds

57olds
    from ohio

Here is mine. Super 88 2 door hartop, Factory color Gold Poly mist, also factory J-2 car.

Attached Files:

8. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

I love um, But damn sure can't aford one

9. TDAD

TDAD
    from Illinois

Here is my 57 Super 88 2dr sedan
    086.jpg

10. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Beautiful cars - one of the nicest mid-late '50s designs....

11. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Love them too!! We had a '57 Fiesta wagon that I was going to build for the wife, but then came 2008 and the hours at worked stopped. Had to sell it (went very cheap!!! but I kept the steering wheel) to give the kids a Christmass that year. She misses it and hopefully I will eventually find another to build for her, and a '57 Hardtop for me!!!

I really like that primered one of Darkharts above!!!

12. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

there so much classier then the chevy of the same yr. but i guess thats what oldsmobile was all about.

13. Ramblur

Ramblur

Since 7th grade in 1973....

[​IMG]

14. Jay71

Jay71

One of my all time favorite cars! Theres a 4 dr. down the street from me, and 2 2 dr. hardtops about a mile away. All three are just sitting wasting away, and the owners wont budge on any of them. I drive by regularly to torture myself and dream about the possibilities. Someday...

15. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

one of the great ones

16. there used to be a white 57 on a carlot in town was jacked up in the back with chrome reverse all the way around it this was around 1988 i fell in love with the car and wanted it bad one day it came up missing(sold)
    i found it a few years later sitting on the street not far from where i live now looked like it had sat there on the street since it was bought off the lot and just left to rot i was soo pissed
    not sure if the same guy still lives therebut there is a AD truck sitting in the same spot now but it does get driven rarely

after the olds left the carlot i never saw it around town

but yeah a 57 olds is firmly on my list of want to owns

17. TDAD

TDAD
    from Illinois

I recently bought a 57 4 dr 98 parts car in Michigan. It was rusting away in a field. Still fairly solid and a lot of useful parts. There was also another 57 4 dr 88 for sale. I think the owner wants around $600 but it was rough.

18. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

I like them same as the same style buicks.

19. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My dad bought new '58 Super 88 4 Door back in the day. When he went to pick it up, I had some time to kill, so I wandered around the dealers lot. It was night time, and I found a '57 98 2 Door Hardtop that I really liked. I looked around, and seeing that no one was looking, I jumped in the drivers seat. (I was 15 years old and had my learners permit.) When I turned on the dash lights, I was hooked; it was like I was sitting in a fighter planes cockpit. I can still remember that moment.

Alas, it was not to be, the old man bought his Mountain Haze (metallic purple) '58 4 door, which for some reason never did anything for me, even though my older brother and I had talked him into ordering the J-2 option (better fuel economy, ya' know). The cars were really quite similar, but there was something about that 98.....

About the '58, the rich kid down the street's daddy bouight him a new '58 Chieftan with the 2-bbl "economy" engine. My older brother would regularly trim him quite badly.

20. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Here's one I had a little bit ago. Great cruiser......

Attached Files:

21. oldsman41

oldsman41

yeah 57 olds was really cool car. my dad had a 55 and wanted to go buy a new 57 but mom put the brakes on that idea. i was 10 at the time.

22. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is one I just sold (sniff - need to focus on my 57 Caddy convert). It will be interesting to see if the new owner is active here . . .

Attached Files:

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

How can you not like them?? Olds, Buick and Poncho tri-5s are very attractive cars, and althou they have a lot less following than the same year chevys i think they have as much, if not more in some cases, caracter.

24. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Now that is a perfect pair !!! I like both of them.....I bet it is way cool when you cruise together ! :)
    Very nice rigs!
    Cheers...........

25. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

This is exactly like my uncles 57 Olds. Being a teenager at the time I hated it because it was a 4dr. but it was a J-2 and my uncle had shit canned the factory air cleaner for 3 chrome pots.

In the middle 70s I bought a Super 88 Holiday coupe as a daily driver when I had a company truck to go to work in. One of the prettiest cars from the 50s IMHO. I bought a J-2 set up and 98 parts car but ended up selling them as a pair.

26. Ray Bozarth's:

Attached Files:

27. Darkharts

Darkharts
    from Corona

Theres lots of clean examples out there, some from here and some from other places- all kinda stand apart like rockets should.

Attached Files:

28. McFly

McFly

Hey Danny...the Olds of Doom is looking tuff!

29. There are more J-2's on the road today than Olds ever built. Great cars.

30. gasser john

gasser john

I will always remember the 56 olds convertible my dad had when i was 5, i used to cruising with him sometimes and thought he was KING of the road. definetly got my passion for cars from him. thanks for a great post and i like all the other posters pics