Register now to get rid of these ads!

What famous car made the biggest impression on you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassercrazy41, Jun 17, 2011.

1. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

milners coupe and mcmullen roadster

2. Still_Crazy

Still_Crazy
    from . .

Dick Smith's 427 Cobra that he won the USRRC championship with. He used to drive over in it and visit the neighbor across the street, late 60's. I was like 13. Words cannot describe the raging hormones....

3. Panama Red

Panama Red

3 cars are significant to me. My dad's 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk that we had in the early 60's was first. The 2nd was the first Street Hemi I ever heard. All black 66 Belvedere with chambered exhaust, dog dish hub caps on black wheels and the only marker on the car said HEMI. Guy and his date rolled in one nite when I was working at the local Burger Chef. The entire work staff deserted our work stations to go check out that awesome ride. 3rd was my favorite Funny Car driver from the early days of FC racing--Jungle Jim Liberman. Saw him match race at US131/Martin dragway on a couple of occasions. Greatest showman in drag racing.......and his sh!t would run!

4. Poor Horatio

Poor Horatio
    from Mayberry

Well for me it would have to be the millner coup and the falfa
    car. And my ucles 55 ford f1oo.

5. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Oh yeah.....

Attached Files:

6. Gromit

Gromit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and THIS was my fave Hotwheel.. I think just for the colour. I was 6.. what did I know aboutmuscle cars?

[​IMG]

7. IT_IS_PAINTED

IT_IS_PAINTED

The car that got me hooked on custom cars was Westergard's '40. It was really the first car to show me that hot rodding/customizing was all about self expression . . . like a mechanical form of art.
    [​IMG]
    However, this car drove the point home that I learned from Westergard's car. The car helps a ton as far as affirming automotive expression, but seeing the Shifters and how they appeared in the mag made me tell myself, "Damn, one day I will be THAT guy and have a group of friends like that!" This car not only showed me that its cool to build what YOU want and like, but also popped my cherry in terms of hot rod culture . . . maybe one day I'll meet them.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  8. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

very well said

9. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

couldnt have said it better. the boyd phase, ahead of their time.

10. texaspackman

texaspackman

Bandits trans am. I live 20 miles south of texarkana where the got the Coors from

11. The Little Red Wagon made a really big impression on me.....here's one of my rides.....

Attached Files:

12. U gotta love the Jade Idol!!!

13. bobscogin

bobscogin

Roth's Tweedy Pie, and Dean Lowe's roadster pickup. Not necessarily in that order.

Bob

14. JJTF

JJTF

1. Smokey & the Bandit, saw it in the theater as a kid.
    2. American Graffiti.
    3. Season 4 episode 9 of Tales from the Crypt titled "King of the Road", that wicked 57 Chevy Raymond Barry rolls out of the junk to race Brad Pitt's Chevelle (man I love that Chevy)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlkHFRfgqk0&feature=related
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

15. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

In no particular order, Don Prudhomme's yellow Barracuda F/C, Richard Petty's 1974 Charger, The Swamp Rat, Grumpy Jenkins early 70's Camaro, The Munster Koach and Dragula, The Little Red Wagon, Barris' Batmobile, anything Ed Roth and whatever my uncle Wayne was fixing up at the time.

16. Deuces

Deuces

Don Prudomme had a black Hot Wheels 'Cuda also... Snake III.

Attached Files:

17. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Tommy Ivo's T turned my crank.

18. Master of None

Master of None

Can't really say that it just totally the car that did it for me. It was the sound of Milner's coupe and Falfa racing at the end of American graffiti. That and the shot of the 2 cars lining up with the head lights on and Green onions playing in the background. That's what did it for me.

19. amitygravel

amitygravel

Swindler II

Attached Files:

20. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

21. boutlaw

boutlaw

Stone Woods and Cook Willys, but with the expanded inclusion of cars other than "customs, gassers and hot rods", I have to say the Hurst Hemi under Glass Barracuda blew me away when I first saw it at 16 or 17, along with ALL the altered wheelbase cars that started the "funny car" craze. Those were the days.....

BOutlaw

22. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

There are so many ! But ala cart has to be # 1

23. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

For me was zztops coupe, Millners deuce, the 66 Batmobile, Christine and even Catch me if you cans 57 Chevy. Plus for that bad ass look, my favorite, Mad Max's ford falcon.

24. jrodmc

jrodmc

[​IMG][​IMG]i hope some agree with me......the best.....built by the best. I know i'll never forget em'

25. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Growing up here in McMinnville - a couple of cars that were big influences were Ron Courtney's X51 and Bob Tindle's Orange Crate - those of us who knew anything about cars at all had either seen them, heard stories of them and/or were proud of their hometown heritage. My brother would throw away his Car Craft and Hot Rod magazines, and I would fish them out and read them. Then there was that yellow '55 that showed up from socal with a straight axle and a big block, and then came the Hot Wheels when I was 8 or 9. The Blue Custom Camaro and the Purple Fleetsider came in my first set - which was a drag race set. Then came the model kits..... so many influences, over so many years.... Awesome to think about! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  26. Milners coupe for sure, but when I was a little kid, the Mopars Mannix drove I thought were really cool

27. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

As a young teen growing up it had to be a "T" bucket.... until the "California kid" came out. From then out I was hooked on a coupe

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  28. gasser john

gasser john

the first car i remember was the BATMOBILE, i was about 8 yrs old and was big into drawing cars, the Batmobile was the first car i remember putting to paper, i must have driven my mom nuts with all the different drawings i did, i had em all over my room , on the walls, the fridge. ahhh to be young again. thanks for asking

29. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

saw this one at a very young age in one of my brothers mag's !! .....why would you pro street this car ??

Attached Files:

• sw8.jpg
      sw8.jpg
      File size:
      77.2 KB
      Views:
    • sw13.jpg
      sw13.jpg
      File size:
      76.1 KB
      Views:
    • swl.jpg