Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brakes from Tom's Classic on Ebay?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alex S. L., Nov 19, 2011.

1. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

Does anyone have any experience with brake swap parts from toms classic on Ebay?

They are based of Isanti Minnesota and are also known as Auto City Classic, they do glass and such.

I am looking at doing a full 4 wheel brake swap on my 57 Fairlane and they can supply me with everything that I need for a pretty decent price, but i would like to investigate before I spend that kind of money. The brake parts i am looking at includes booster, master cylinder, 4 wheels calipers and adapters, proportioning valve, hoses and all that.

any experience would be much appreciated.

2. Old Gold

Old Gold

Probably not much help, but my friend used them to outfit his 58 Ford. No probs that I know of.

3. I bought their front disc brake conversion for my 49 Chevy truck worked great!

4. titus

titus

they do chevelles too and ive boughten parts from them, seemed like good guys to deal with, i have a buddy that lives about 2 miles from them

jeff

5. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

thanks, that is helpful.

anyone else?

6. Stopped in bought a full conversion for my 62 Impala. Great stuff, easy to deal with.

7. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Does anyone have a link to the store?

8. TonyVoltron

TonyVoltron

I bought a set for my 51 Pontiac Chieftain from Toms classics brake. It's not fitting right. I can not locate any instruction manuals on online. I sent a email via ebay. They responded pretty quick. He said that they have not published any instructions online. I replied with my issue. I'm waiting for a response. I am installing the kit at a legitimate hot rod shop. Has anyone posted installs on a similar car? Thanks

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check Auto city classics dot com. A search for Toms brings them up.

Looking at the kit 350656952957 on Ebay it's about as straightforward as any kit I've seen. The bottom hole could be a tad off due o the bends in that leg though.

10. TonyVoltron

TonyVoltron

11. joseph.peter.carter@us.ar

[email protected]
    from USA

I obtain a set of dropped spindles for my 57 Chevy and had to do alot of grinding and refitting to be able to have them rotated the full required radius. But I hear that is common on overseas manufacturing.

12. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

I have purchased several glass kits from auto city..
    Great guys..great service. .great price..

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Bought their front disc kit for my '64 Galaxie. Fit well, works well. I ended up needing a larger bore MC, and they had one in stock. Helpful. I'd buy from them again.

Chris

14. TonyVoltron

TonyVoltron

A little grinding got it to fit. Tom's responded very quickly. Thanks guys

15. TonyVoltron

TonyVoltron