Register now to get rid of these ads!

H&H Flatheads web site

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Capitan Insano, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Capitan Insano

Capitan Insano

I just finished a on line shopping store. It took months. Check it out and let me know how I should make it better. www.flatheads-forever.com

2. Pictures for the categories would help people who speak other languages navigate.

In the Heads section, you have separate items to purchase, which are services for heads that they sell. Couldn't you have a drop down set of options on the heads for sale, with the various options? (For example, I could totally buy head polishing for heads that I don't own)

Misspelling - "Polsih Fins and Sides"

Just an opinion: For the items that are mainly for looks such as the air cleaners, it's pretty important to have a picture. Hopefully you'll get one lined up for those.

I said "Holy Christ!" out loud when I enlarged the picture of the one piece valve guides. You'll see what I mean, I think. If it were me, I would make a pass at trying to get the preview (read: smaller) images at a defined resolution, and the enlarged ones at a defined larger resolution uniformly across the board.

The items all need descriptions. I can't tell if it's $60 for one valve guide, or $60 for a set. I'll write em for you, if you trade the labor for parts :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  3. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

The site looks good. That Ardun/S.C.o.T. motor is off the chain.

4. Nice layout.
    Love my H&H

Attached Files:

5. Capitan Insano

Capitan Insano

Fixed the spelling and I will get pictures up on each category. I will make air cleaners its own category and fill in the blank pictures. The drop down boxes are coming also with shirt, bearing, ring, piston sizes. But I didn't think about the polish.
    Thanks

6. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Mike; If Doc wants to buy me a Christmas present where can I add a "Wishlist" on your site?:) Just kidding, aside from the recommendations above, site looks good.

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

Nice lookin' site!! Well done!

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Somethings definitely not right in the Blower section. I still can't afford the S.Co.T setup. Let me know when you fix that. Thanks JJ.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

9. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Been on there several times in the past and the up grade is much better. Easier to see everything your interested in and faster. Excellent job!

10. Capitan Insano

Capitan Insano

Thanks those are the hard ones to catch since spell check doesnt know thickstun or edelbrock.

11. Capitan Insano

Capitan Insano

I just added pictures to the categories. I am working on the polishing options. Check it out.

12. I thought the catelog was good before. It inspired me to go with Navarro heads and intake on my '51 Merc. I'll have to check the new layout a little closer when I get on a computer.
    The history of Barney Navarro and his write up's in old Hop Up mags....... along with his quality and engineering can't be beat!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

13. Great people great company to do buisness with. Mike is the Man.

14. Capitan Insano

Capitan Insano

I will keep adding descriptions to the parts it will just take some time. Thanks for the support and ideas.

15. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

It's lookin' great there Cap'n!

16. nix

nix
    from Italy

17. Forddraggin

Forddraggin

Looks good to me

18. I want you to grind another cam. hunting for right page. dt