Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '28 tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oj, Sep 9, 2011.

1. oj

oj

Thought i'd post a pic or two of the tudor i'm working on, here's the body. I alreday had the frame done when we carried the body in and sat it on the frame. I white primered the inside so's i could see what was what.

Attached Files:

2. oj

oj

I took most of the inside apart and rebuilt regulators, door latches etc, body work and patch replacement. I am doing my best to keep this looking like it is a mostly stock ford hot rod that wouldv'e been built by some highschool kids in the fifties.
    It will have a 59a with edelbrock script heads, offy dual 94 intake, 37 ford toploader and converted to open drive, model 'a' banjo, 4" drop drilled 'a' axle - just very traditional stuff

Attached Files:

3. oj

oj

It'll be benderless, non-chopped, wire wheels. There is a pic of the adaptor i made to convert the banjo to open drive.

Attached Files:

4. Nice work, OJ.

What kind of tranny?

I gotta get out to you shop soon...

5. oj

oj

'37ish toploader, come on out and bring some nuts for the squirrel.

6. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool.. Nice progress so far......

7. I really like the indent for the steering.

8. oj

oj

The owners haven't seen it since i started on the body - they wanted to leave the 'patina' and expect a bit of a ratrod. I haven't been forthcoming with pics so they know nothing of the progress - i told them i was working on the floor and needed the gas tank and that is what they are coming out for. They found an old stainless beerkeg dated back in the 40's.

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks great! Awesome work there.

10. Nice work! Looking good

11. oj

oj

TfeverFred, i have seen your posts and i have yet to read a word you have written! If you ever change your avatar the hamb will lose some of its luster for sure! Whatever you say is fine by me.

12. jipp

jipp

i have a keg i wanted to use for a gas tank in a bucket T. but i dunno if im gonna go that rout.. its a larg keg.. maybe to big for a tank.. be better to turn it into a little storage trailer maybe... anyhow, nice work.
    i think they will be happy when they come to see her. what i like about that body style is all the room.. maybe not as fast looking as a coup.. leg room is a bonus to me :)
    keep up the good work man. rock on.
    chris.

13. Lookin' good OJ, keep those updates coming!

14. Reino

Reino

Any updates on this project? Id love to see more pictures as this goes. Im also about 15 from berryville, wouldnt mind seeing this in person...

15. Old&Low

Old&Low

Outstanding! I'm with Hitchhiker on the steering indent, and anxious to see what's next for this Tudor.

16. oj

oj

I'm reposting these pics, they got posted under s different thread.

Attached Files:

17. oj

oj

Here's some pics of the sheetmetal, the rear panel are loose as the owners brought an old beer keg for a gas tank and i need to stand thru those panels sos' i can make the mounts and filler neck etc.
    I lifted one panel out so you can see how they are made and the hat channel they get welded to - when welding i check the door swing and latching.
    The access panel for the master cylinder and the panel for the battery are shown seperate

Attached Files:

18. jstadrvr

jstadrvr

Ditto on the steering indent, it's a great look.

19. brady1929

brady1929

20. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

way cool OJ !!! Did you do those headers as well ? somebody is getting a good looking piece.

21. oj

oj

The headers etal - the owners are purplexed, they wanted a ratrod-like car and hadn't seen it since august. They came last week and had a 'holy-fuck' moment. They left talking about getting a loan to finish it. I hope they get funding i would really like to finish this and drive it to jalopy showdown. We'll see, thanks for the compliments guys, oj

22. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Nice work man, I like it!

Malcolm