Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hurst racing tires @ 200 mph!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODRUBBER, Nov 18, 2011.

1. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Hello Folks!

Seldom am I at a loss for words.... My brain has a never ending melody of the monotony of the daily grind of steel belts slappin the asphalt. Yesterday was a phone call like none other. For you that know Randy Winkle of "Famoso Speed Shop" fame you know this guy is a mover and a shaker. Not only is he a Race car fabricator he is also one of the men that is in charge of the "Shrine" that some will call simply as "FAMOSO". Without a doubt the word's he spoke from his lips gave me the greatest appreciation I have felt in a long time.Simply spoken "yeah I have ran my FED 200 mph on your tires", "8500 rpm at the top end. My jawed hung open for the whole afternoon.

If I would have not have simply asked him, I dont think he would have told me.

Cody "HOTRODRUBBER" Adams
    HURST RACING TIRES

2. Cody
    No disrepect to Hust Rubber or even Randy Winkle himself but 200 MPH on a recap, that's just nutz.

3. 200 on any recap, not for me..

4. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Just for agruments sake did you know the majority of passenger and military aircraft use recap tires??

5. k-member

k-member

Wow, that's wild. I hope y'all are doing good down there. That is a lot of rubber doing 200 mph.

6. nice! If I had a car that'd do 200, I'd run your tires Cody...

7. aircoup

aircoup

hell if i can ever afford em ill run em ''

8. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Granted that "precure" , "BANDAG" retreading is different than our "Hot Capping" process , When done properly it is very effective in provinding a superior product. GOOGLE "Tyrone Malone" "The Bandag Bandit and you will find that "Recaps" can and do preform under amazing circumstances.

As a child I remember this truck spining "cookies" in the road in front of Jubitz truck stop located in Portland to promote the new line of Bandag recap Michelin truck tires

http://youtu.be/E9GOZ6tWUlw
    http://youtu.be/5hesaO7UzKY

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  9. Hell I never said I wouldn't run 'em I just said that 200 MPH in a recap is nutz.

Cody

I was going to ask if you were using a cold rubber or a hot rubber process (you have already answered that). I have flung more than my share of cold rubber recaps over the years.

10. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Thats cool and all but 200 MPH is just Crazy Back in the day (mid 70's) we ran some recapped rear tires on my dads dirt sprint car. For the most part with no problems but once one did let go it promtly tore the entire side off the car. Im talking nerfbar exhaust and anything else that was within reach.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  11. Yup, saw Tyrone out here as a kid as well. Folks still have a diecast of the Bandit. All our trucks run caps.

12. k-member

k-member

Saw Tyrone back in the day at SIR, man that guy could drive. Still remember some of the wild stuff he did behind the wheel of a big rig.