Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods And 10 months later.....i drove it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by noclubjoe, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

SWEET MAN...
    I like it a lot.
    Cheers.............

2. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

I like the paint (blue) and the wheel/tire combo. Nice ride.

3. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

thanks! the paint look way better in the pics then in person.... its very beat up old paint, as far as the tires and wheels... i didnt know what i wanted to run so i threw on what i had laying around and i think i hit it on the head, i really dig the baby moons and thin whites.

4. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

38 at mikes 2.jpg

38 at mikes 3.jpg

38 at mikes.jpg

38 guts.jpg

38 guts2.jpg

38 guts3.jpg

38 guts4.jpg

new pics! the 38 is back from the upholstery shop. first 3 pics were still in progress, other 4 were taken tonite at home. big thank you to Mike at Custom Classics Upholstery in Hales Corners, WI. what do you guys think?
    sorry about the crappy cell phone pics.......

5. Looks killer man!

6. That Chevy looks familiar... Was it from Waukesha?

I'm diggin the wheel/tire combo and the interior.

I know Kenny and I love that Deuce!

7. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

Looks great without running boards , good job. Nice car

8. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

I bought the project from a guy on 60th and howard. i guess it was in the waukesha/brookfield area for awhile, probably going back 13-15 yrs ago....?? i have heard from a few people that it was set up like a gasser, around for a year or 2 then kinda fell off the face of the earth? i know that the car was taken part in early 1999 and never got put back together untill i got my hands on it. When i got the coupe every nut and bolt was taken off this thing, the mustang II was half ass tack welded in, no rear end, motor/trans mounts were set up but very crude, no pumbing at all.... etc.... about 90% of the chassis work was done by me. what was there was half ass and wrong or i just didnt like it. and yes that is Kenny K's Deuce! that thing is the best driving/riding hot rod i have EVER driven in my life, the K.K. been a part of our car club since the start in 79 and a Very close friend of mine!

9. Tell K.K. to get on the HAMB... heck I've seen his car at the "Cheater Show" at the Night Owl and I saw him at State Fair... Tell him Mark and Rosie say Hi!:cool:

10. skoh73

skoh73

Looks really slick!

11. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

haha the K.K. on the hamb! now that would be fun! i will tell him that you said hi. ill be over at his house this weekend working with him, he has a nailhead from one of his 57 buicks that needs to be torn down.

12. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

man that's a sharp car.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm thinking early 60's before Crager SS wheels came out and got stuck on everything. That car looks just right for 1962/63 when black rims, baby moons and the "new" narrow whites were the hot lick on a nice hot rod and Street Rod wasn't really a style of car yet.
    That's the look that the "older guys" had going when I was in my early teens and I like it.

14. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Sweet Ride, Good job.
    MrC

15. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

thanks everyone for the great comments,ill be posting some better pics soon. iam really looking foward to summer of 2012, i didnt get the car on the road till late this past summer so it didnt really see much road time, plus its been at the upholstery shop for the last month an a half. I plan on taking this car to vintage torq fest, back to the 50's, and the shakedown next year! look for it if your is at any those shows!

16. jstadrvr

jstadrvr

Looks awesome...long winters are great for building "eh"? My Canadian just came out.

17. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

got that right! yes this winter will be my blower motor project for my Model A coupe...... ill be posting pictures of that when i start

18. So you'll have to guide him a bit... you know... show him how to turn the damn thing on take his hands and push down on those letter thingies... hell it worked for me! And when he starts making Vrooom Vroom noises he's ready to be on his own!:eek::D

19. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

hahaha i think kenny makes vroom vrooom noises all the time, computer or not!

so is the 38 coupe you remember a gasser? think it could be what is now my car? how long ago was it that you seen it?

20. About 33 years ago but if there is remnant yellow paint somewhere underneath... it was always a Hot Rod for the street... quick little bugger but not Race car fast! The ones I've seen at the "Great Lakes Dragway" were gutted with cages and ran high tens and low elevens.

What did the interior look like before it was redone?

21. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

iam going to say its not my car then.... the factory color of my coupe was dark green... i can still find that color in a few places no sign of yellow anywhere. what was left of the interior was a power blue cloth with a flower :eek::eek::eek:!! yes, flower print on it. it was god awful ugly, haha! from what i can tell the first build of my car it ran a small block/stick, probably a 4 speed. i have been trying to find alittle history about it...? only thing i have heard is that a few people remember a blue 38 chevy coupe running around for a short time in the 90's setup like a gasser. if this is my car i sure would like to see some pics of it that way!

22. jstadrvr

jstadrvr

Looking forward to seeing the pics..I spent last winter buliding my truck.

23. well get posting on it...

24. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

hahaha soon jeff soon! man what happend to you at jay and debbies party? i was lookin for you later that night and couldnt find you.... or i was too drunk to find you at least !!

25. Kid was at home so we had to boggie.
    talking to my motor builder the other day, i might be getting more than i asked for...
    what do you think of your new isky goodies?

26. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

check out my profile, got some new blower mock up pics there with the isky parts!

27. way cool bro. an i seeing things right, on the crank pulley there's the blower pulley then the v belt? Looks like it lines up with the alt, but that seem weird....

28. flathead okie

flathead okie

John Thompson still owns that 37 in Tulsa, he is one of the founding members of our club here in Okmulgee Ok. Creek Capital C.C. I've pestered him forever to sell that car to me......won't sell.

29. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

38 new wheels 3.jpg

38 new wheels.jpg

38 new wheels 4.jpg

so guys here is a new update on the coupe, after a shakey ride to torque fest due to a bend wheel i bought some chrome steelies for the coupe! I did really like the look of the baby moons and black wheels but now i think i like the chrome wheels more. enjoy!