Register now to get rid of these ads!

found this on wimp today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aar0s, Nov 17, 2011.

1. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

seems like about once a year I see someone looking for their dad's old car, this guy found it.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yR6UVukbMOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Yah but is it true? Chevrolet has really done some nice comercials. Like the one where the guy almost gives up his old truck then writes a blank check to fix it.

3. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

Meh, Ill pretend like it is true, makes my day a little brighter and dont hurt nuttin either way.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

probably paid more to buy the car back than ol' pop paid for the house he was living in when he bought the car the first time.

5. Jalopy Journalist

Jalopy Journalist
    from Austin, TX

Even if that is fake, that is a gorgeous story.

6. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

nice, brought a tear to my eye hahaha

7. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

had tears in my eyes. I always wanted to do something like that for my Dad but he was long gone way before I could begin to afford it.

8. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I think that is awesome, I remember standing in the front seat of my Dad's 67? Chevelle when my mom drove it, and holding on for dear life when my Dad was driving. He sold it to some guy that folded it in two drag racing it.

9. That's very cool...

I'd cry like that if my boys just got a job so they could move out of the house much less buy back some of my wrecks!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  10. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

^^^^^^^^^^^DAMN straight! X2^^^^^^^^

11. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Huh. Neato.

I remember, as a boy, there was a light yellow '65 Galaxie that parked in front of my Grandmother's house. While Mom was in with her, I would lie on that thing's hood and windshield as a back rest (LOL) eating those stupid multicolored dots of sugar on the paper strips!

I don't hink I ever scratched the Galaxie though :D

12. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

13. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

That's a cool story no matter what!

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a pretty cool story, if it is real what a great feeling doing something like that is.
    Years ago I bought my fathers 38 Ford Coupe leaving my parents without a hotrod. After a while of driving it I was feeling bad leaving my parents without a car. So I started to build an 29 A RPU and gave the 38 back to my parents as a present.
    It's great to know that they are back to Rod Run's, Cruises and everything they used to do.

Doc.

15. Definitely an awesome story.

16. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Thats awesome!

17. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Pretty awesome story!

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Awsome story! Don't mind admitting my eyes were a bit runny... Now if I could pull the same trick with my moms '70 Monte Carlo 454 SS!

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The one they show on tv was moving enough but the extended version really starts tugging on the strings of the heart.

I like to think it is true and even if it's not, rest assure that story is familiar to many families around the world. What son doesn't want to attempt to pay back the hard work our father did for us with a gift like that? I wish I could have but my father passed at the age of 54 about 4 years ago. I would have liked to seen him choke up when I pulled up in a '66 GTO.

20. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

When I first saw that I said to the wife, "What if he's pissed"? Idiot!! That piece-o-crap never ran right. Thats why I only drive Fords now!!!"

21. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

you know the other totally true story i like to see on tv, transformers. it also pulls hard on the heart strings.

22. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

If it's true , it's an incredible story . Hell , even if it's not , it still cool .

I wish I could afford to find/buy my mom's old '67 Cougar GT for her (390/4-spd she bought new in Hawaii) - she'd love to have that back . It's the only car she ever talks about wanting back . She gave it up to raise 3 rugrats on her own in the 70's . Sure would make a cool gift , just like that video .

23. adamshumard

adamshumard

Wish I could find the 63 vette my dad sold to pay my medical bills when I was a baby..... I give up all the other cars I have. (Would probably have to based on what 63s are worth these days)

24. outlaw256

outlaw256

my wife now wants me to make a appointment to see a shrink!!she has never seen me cry over something like this but i did,and like a baby too.my dad has been gone for over 25 yrs.if i could have only done something like that for him.true or not it was a great story. im gonna go out and hug my son.he found my old 55 chevy last yr. after a 3yr search. it was only a few miles from home!!!but its not for sale,at any price.atleast not one i could afford.lol

25. Tony

Tony

Thats a great story! One you just can't help but enjoy watching.
    I'm gonna assume that when he showed the Protect-o-plate in the owners manual toward the end of the vid, it had his name on it. Thats why he was showing it, which would make it his actual car when it rolled out of GM..
    meaning true story more than likely.
    Very cool!

Love the car too :)

I've wanted to track down my dads 63 Impala, or his 66 Impala SS conv for ever, but don't have much to go on..he bought both new too. Man what i wouldn't do to get one of those back....

Tony

26. So cool! Awesome story

27. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Its actually a new Chevy commercial and a very kool one!!

28. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Great story! You skeptics can go rain on somebody else's parade!

29. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Since my dad kept his first and only new car I was always looking for some of the other cars he had before he bought the 55,I was hoping to find the 36 Chrysler or the 40 Plymouth sedan with a 41 rear fender.

30. harp

harp

wow,,, this made me cry like a baby