Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pulled over for a closer look

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rivrat, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

he should have given you a ticket...... for those wheels:rolleyes:

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

Maybe he should go with solids & "Bottle Caps",.....:eek:,..:D:D:D
    (just kidding !)

3. ...in high school I pulled into the gas station ( 72 camaro), go out. Noticed the cops behind me with no flashing lights. They said "who owns this car...me, I replied. Nice car...Thanks! Now here's your speeding ticket."

Chicago suburbs...gotta love it.

Now with the old buick people think I am 60 years old, so it is a get out of jail free card I think! =)

4. mlagusis

mlagusis

Got pulled over in Berkley and was asked if my car was a 66 or 67 then they asked me to do a burnout.

5. 2-3 could get you into the range of a .03-.05 BAC depending on your weight and what you have had or not had to eat. .03-.08 is impaired almost anywhere now. Your body will process approximately .03 worth of alcohol per hour. I find that it's best to err on the side of safety when out and imbibing.

Bob

6. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

For those that buy into the media version of things and don't comprehend well, it's "Don't drink and DRIVE UNDER THE INFLUENCE". The difference may not sit well with some's personal agendas, but the bottom line is it's all about personal responsibility. Being responsible enough to KNOW what your limits are, and stay well within them. It's also about (the TRUE cost of) freedom people......
    Rant over.
    OH, nice truck ;)

7. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Back in the late 60's I had a new body style 1968 Corvette. I was on a two lane highway and passed a guy on a big sweeping turn. State cop pulled me over. Said I was over the speed limit and passed the guy on that corner. Then to my surprise he said if you were driving any other car I would be writing you a ticket. Then he asked if he could look it over.

8. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

This is what I was always told (found this explanation online - explains it better than I can) :

In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts... So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them "Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down."

9. RFAGrasshopper

RFAGrasshopper

My Buddy Jim was a county cop years ago. A real Gear head. Ran a front engined rail on nitro(301 small block chev) and had/has many muscle cars. When he was a sheriff he use to stop guys to checkout ther cars all the time. Lots of Cops are gear heads!!

10. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

I think you just experienced the edge of the envelope. You were lucky and you know it...:cool: not a hippocrate.. just realistic.

11. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I was pulled over once a month, every month that I lived in Indiana, but not for a cool car. Luckily, the cops were all car guys, we yucked it up a bit and said "Take it easy"!

It helps. BTW, no laws being broken, just having an Ohio license plate.

12. Rivrat

Rivrat
    from Dallas

I was tempted to use the flame throwers but didn't want to push my luck. The other cop really wasn't to interested in the truck. When he pulled up next to me before he pulled me over I was looking at my GPS on my phone. I was more thinking I was getting stopped for that. Thought he may have been thinking I was texting and driving.

13. SIC98

SIC98

Nice Truck, I don't know why anyone wouldn't like it, oh wait, the wheels, if they were 15 inch no one would say a word, right!.... When I was in high school in the late 80's FHP had mustang coupes, we had one guy down here that always bragged about how fast it was, one day my buddy who had a 72 Duster with a 340 warmed up questioned his statment and the cop said prove it and they raced on the back road, the Duster lived up to its name, and as a reward he got a wreckless driving ticket!

14. You got lucky for dang sure!!!!!

15. Larry T

Larry T

Never said I hadn't done it. When I was growing up DWI was more of a hobby than a felony. Things change (for a reason).
    Larry T

16. First question out of every Officers mouth up here is.... "you've had anything to drink tonight?"

Would've been real bad for us had we been drinking in this episode but we were just told to have a trailer bring it back home only 2 minutes into our shake-down run at 3 a.m.!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GznND-aK8UM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

I like you truck!! I had diversity training this week! :cool:

18. Mel Kenyon Fan

Mel Kenyon Fan

Hell far, what's not to like about that truck ????

19. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Nice truck. I'm not much on the natural rust look, but it is your car, and if you like it, great.

20. toolman1967

toolman1967

I built a 1958 Harley Panhead years ago and the license and registration had been lapsed for over 20 years. I took it out for its maiden voyage right after I finished it and got pulled over. I didnt even have a plate on it yet. The officer checked it out and we stood there for over an hour and talked bikes and rods. He comes over all the time now to see what I have been working on and even uses the radar gun to allow me to calibrate my speedos. Good guy and its never a bad idea to make friends with the local police force.

21. 73super

73super

Most of my drinking takes place in my shop.. after I'm done working on my car for the day. Just time to kick back and kick a few down. I've been in that back seat twice for DUI.. stupid 20 something kid. I look back and can't believe I lived through some of those evenings... sends chills. Now I look at my wife and kid and can't imagine ever doing something so stupid. Yeah, if were out at a steakhouse I'll have a beer or two.. but that's my limit.. two. Never go over. I'm 240 lbs.. figure two beers isn't going to phase me a whole lot. But it is all about personal responsibility. If you're going out to get hammered then you best be letting somebody else do the driving. Heck I got nailed on my last one about 20 years ago and it was expensive back then! Bottom line.. I have more fun sober than drunk.. haven't been "drunk" in years.. but I do drink. Big difference.. most people know the difference. I'm thankful that the powers that be allowed me to live past 40... most of my friends were betting I wouldn't make it to 35. Just be smart out there.. Hit your man caves and garages if your going to pull a bender.. just don't work on anything.. BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.. LOL.

22. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

You guys know how much my old coupe was chopped...hard to see out of. I'm doing 80 down the hiway when I noticed a black fender pulling up beside my door...a State Trooper!

He looks at me and gives me a thumbs up and then sped off... Cops are cool in Okiehoma about Hot Rods.

No, I wasn't drinking either.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. lump

lump

Can't speak for the rest of the folks here, but I love your truck. Very nice.

And I too have been in a collector car pulled over by a cop just to check it out. In the mid 1960's, a Dayton cop pulled over my dad in our 1923 Hupmobile touring car. Dad said to mom, "Uh-oh, I haven't put our new license plates on this car yet. They're still in the garage. I hope he won't write me a ticket!"

The cop walked up and said, "Good afternoon. Sorry to trouble you, but it's been 30 years since I've stopped a car and walked up beside it and put my foot on the running board. I just wanted to remember what it felt like again!"

Before he could stop himself, Dad blurted out, "OH! I thought you noticed that my tags were expired. I do have the new ones at home, I just forgot to install them." The cop laughed and wished us well and sent us on our way, reminding Dad to put those tags on. Nice guy, good memory.

24. Rivrat

Rivrat
    from Dallas

Thanks Lump.
    Great story.

25. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

Welcome from La Porte, TX Lump

26. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I've never been pulled over, but I stopped for gas as a State Trooper was also filling up. He approached me and I figured I'd be friendly and courteous. This guy got the full nickle-tour of my ride and just kept talking cars for about a half hour. Turns out he is an amateur race driver.

I was in a hurry, but stayed patient with him cause you never know when you need a new well-placed friend.

27. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Sweet truck man.
    Thats cool you didn't get any guff from the cop. theres some good ones out there:D
    Even tho I haul ass just about everywhere i go, I've only been pulled over to have a cop check out my rides. Its pretty cool sometimes... Except when i was trying to get this one chick to my place, In a hurry;)

Cop killed the mood for her.:mad:

But anyways cool man

28. _ogre

_ogre
    from Motown

am i the only guy here that thinks a cop pulling you over for no reason is bs? maybe everyone that wants to look at a cool car should flash his lights and approach the driver with a gun just to see the look on their face???

now that would be a hoot :rolleyes:

i think grichards avatar says it all

29. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

nice 20's playa!! ahh yea i bee sippin on purple drink & ridin in dat fo sho DUBZ fo LIFE