Register now to get rid of these ads!

1975 NSRA Nationals (photos)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MemphisRaines, Nov 16, 2011.

1. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

Here are some pics that were taken in 1975 at the NSRA Nationals in Memphis, Tn. My dad was building his bucket during this time period. It was dad, myself, my uncle and my cousin. We spent the weekend there looking at hundreds of some awesome looking rods. There may even be some of you on here that have seen some of these cars somewhere along the way. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is from the 1979 World of Wheels in Jackson, Ms.

[​IMG]

2. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Great pics ...Thanks for sharing!

3. funny, I have a few pics of the very same cars my dad took..good stuff!

4. wizzard23

wizzard23

Theres some good memories there, Thanks!

5. primed34

primed34

I was there. Best I remember, refreshments were served, and a large time was had by all.

6. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Are you sure this was NSRA.I mean NO power parkers and not enough people sitting in lawn chairs.Oh wait this was 1975 i guess us OLD farts were younger then.I remember seeing lot of those cars in magazines at the time.Thanks for sharing.

7. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

8. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

Cool pics, it helps us remember what was popular then.

9. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

I always loved that Vette from the WOW show. Does that make me weird?

10. metalman

metalman

T buckets were sure popular then and these pics prove it.
    I have to admit I miss those days, 1975 was about when I got into hot rods. Find an old body, hit the junk yards and swap meets to put it together. Only "new" parts came from the local speed shop if you had the cash. No 1-800 credit card needed!

11. Cool pics. Bunch of cars I saw in Street Rodder back when I was 15/16

falcongeorge likes this.
  12. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

Nice! I remember when they looked like that.

13. fiftee6effie

fiftee6effie

Cool pictures!! I was 16 in 1975 , good times!!

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Gawd, those days were so much fun. Hot cars, hot pants, hot cars, hot girls, hot cars, tshirts and jeans, hot cars, Stroker caps, hot cars.
    My first Nats was Tulsa in 73, ? in 74, Memphis in 75, and on and on. Drove to Memphis with my soon to be wife, camped out of town, woke up to a campground full of hotrods and a town full of hotrods.
    Between the pictures the striped background is the pages of I bet brown fabric covered photo album with the plastic overlays pulled back. The stripes are the adhesive that held the pics in place. Got several with similar pictures in the bookcase behind me.
    What memories. Elvis at home in Graceland with his new Stutz Blackhawk in the driveway...no tours that day. WOW

15. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Great stuff! I vaguely remember those days, can't believe I'm that old!

16. greazy john

greazy john

17. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks for sharing.
    Slim

18. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

That was back when the sun went down, people started getting drunk and streaking. I was a little kid but I do remember. Dad dragged us all over the country to those meets every year.

19. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Enjoyed the pic's. I was there with my 39 Chevy. I must have wiped that car off 20 times that weekend as the rain would come and go.

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Cool time warp for sure but unless you want to lose those photos forever to the acid on the pages of that old album get those photos off those pages. There is a product you can buy that will get those photos unstuck from those pages safely with damaging the photos (I'll get you the name tonight after work) then take those photos and place them in a acid/ligin free photo album which you can find at about any store nowdays, even Target and Wally World.

21. jim mchargue

jim mchargue

Wow,thanks for sharing those! My girlfriend and i drove up there from Fl. in my black 57 Ford sedan, i was 20 then,great time! I remember being knocked out by that candy red 32 Chevy sedan delivery.I think it had ghost spider webs in the paint,and the interior was in a red/burgundy velour with spider webs sewn into it.Cool then,but now,eh,webs are used on too many,uh,you know,haha! Yeah,some friends from Fl. met us there,and one of them bought the whole group each a white stroker cap,man we were cool,haha! I have some pix of a lot of the same cars,thanks again!

22. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great pics, many cars I remember from magazines and shows as a kid.

This truck was at Cheaterama this year, and it still looks great. And I love this Chevy coupe.

Attached Files:

23. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

You bet guys. Glad you all enjoyed them. Like one person on here mentioned, i do remember it raining on and off as well, It was still fun though. We must have walked a million miles in just a few acres, LOL.

I guess the one car that impressed me the most was this one:

[​IMG]

This car was incredible. That is actually my dad bent over talking to the driver, my uncle squatted down and my cousin standing up behind him. It was a great time and i sure miss those days.

hotrodldycrusr......................Thanks for the info. I will get them out of that book ASAP.

24. Thanks for posting those. I was there in my '47 Fleetline Aerosedan with my wife and 5 year old son. 750 miles each way with a gazillion mile 283/powerglide.

Charlie

25. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

You bet Charlie. We lived in Jackson, Ms at the time so the trip was not too bad for us. It was worth the ride. It was the first Nats i had ever been to and as you can tell my photography skills were not real good, LOL.

26. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Thank's,lot of memories there,Lot of car's I recognize.The green roadster with the for sale sign in the windshield in particular.I have the Old's engine and trans with the three two's sitting in my shop.Small world.:)

27. classicfins

classicfins

Awesome, awesome pics! I sure miss those days...

28. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

That is awesome! Yes, it is a small world.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  29. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's how I went to Memphis in 1975!
    Oh yeah----It did rain!---Especially going down the Natchez Park Traceway to New Orleans, rooster tails all the way!!
    Yep, lots of "T's" there that year, & yes the hot pants were a HUGE enjoyment!
    At 79, I can still have fun remembering all the "good stuff"!!----Don

Attached Files: