Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Finding a Shop in Central CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ehrawn, Sep 21, 2011.

1. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

First of all, Hi. Just joined. Here's the backstory:
    I fell in love with a '57 210 2-door sedan when I was 14. I worked every night and weekend, disassembling, scrubbing, sandblasting, painting, greasing, reassembling and got it fired up right before I left home and moved out of state. I drove it whenever I made it home, but, over the last 15 years, it's pretty much just been sitting. Now that I'm settled in Hawaii, I want to pull it out of storage and start enjoying it. My dad helped me do some basic body work and some mild custom work (nosed, decked, saved doors and trim), but the body is still in pretty rough condition. I'm looking for a shop that can help me get it into a condition suitable for its new home (finish the bodywork, put it paint, run through the mechanicals, etc.). So can anyone recommend someone in the Central California area?

2. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Yep, Seabright Hot Rods in Santa Cruz. Check out their website

3. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Opps, its seabrighthotrods.com. Dave and Gary- first class guys, very talented.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Central Calif is a big place what major town is closest to where your ride is? hope you will be able to get over to the Mainland to check out a couple of shops and have some face time with whoever you decide on so that you both are on the same page as to what you expect to get done and what your budget is.

5. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

The 7's in Fresno. I'm hoping to find a shop near there so that my dad can monitor the project for me. I've got a trip planned to visit family next month. I was hoping to get some names before then to do exactly as you said: meet with some folks, and get a good plan in place.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  6. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

Bumping this thread in hopes of finding a lead on a shop or anyone who does work on the side in Fresno. I'm in town and want to try to meet with few people.

I went to check on my car to see how bad the weather has wrecked it. With a new battery, it cranked over right away, but the fuel pump didn't seem to be working: the bowls were dry, but the 327 ran with whatever fuel I dumped down the carb. All the rubber, including what were brand new body mounts, was starting to disintegrate. It doesn't bode well for all the bushing and what not, but, at this point, I still don't know enough to know how bad things really are.

So does anyone know someone who might want to help me get a project restarted: assess and fix what's wrong, patch up the rust I never fixed, finish the bodywork, and get it into paint? I'm more motivated than ever to get this project started again.

Attached Files:

7. Please try jeff @ sonoma county street rodz....in petaluma calif...he's a great source to do the work and resonable compared to others...good luck Gump

8. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

Thanks, Gumpy. I found a place. I got the car there a couple of weeks ago and, so far, things are going good.

[​IMG]

9. derelict

derelict

Don Dillards 99 hotrods in Tulare...

10. loco

loco
    from Fresno, CA

Where did you end up taking it? I have a 66 chevy pickup that I will need to get painted in a few months and I'm in Fresno too

-loco

11. A second recommendation for Don Dillard's Hwy99 HotRods shop. Don is DRD57 on here, if my memory is right.

12. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

Damn, where were you guys in Oct? My '7s being torn apart as we speak. Like I said above, everything is going well so far.