Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have vacation to use....when to go to Bonneville???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twenty8tudor, Nov 16, 2011.

1. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

I have to chose my vacation at work for next year already and I am thinking about using it to go to Bonneville..... Always wanted to go just never had the time so i think next year should be it. But don't know much about when to go or what to plan for any tips would be very helpful! As always thanks!

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Check the SCTA-BNI web site, but SpeedWeek is usually the third week in August. Really starts on Thursday of the second week and runs start on Saturday. Get your rooms early or plan on camping.

3. RDR

RDR

SCTA:
    Speedweek...Aug 11-19
    World Finals..Oct 5-8

Utah Salt Flat Racers:
    World of Speed...Sept 8-11

4. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Okay Thanks for the info!! I think i will plan on Aug then Thanks again and i will start looking into getting rooms and arrangements.

5. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Do a search here on all things Bonneville. There's a TON of info. Be prepared to catch "Salt Fever". You'll be back many times. See ya' on the Salt.

6. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

In addition to the above sources check out Landracing.com. including the forums. Don't overlook the ECTA meets that are going to be held in Wilmington Ohio next year, April 28-29, June 2-3, July 7-8, and Sept 29-30. These are an excellent opportunity for you to meet some teams and see their cars and bikes they will be taking to the Bonneville events.

Ed

7. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

^^^This^^^

It's hallowed ground for anyone and anything fast!