Register now to get rid of these ads!

Turkey Run who going ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by divco13, Aug 19, 2011.

1. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

I'm heading down from Minnesota, about 1500 miles for me. I'm vending so if you guys need anything let me know (shameless plug) .. Me and BobK and a few other will be somewhat together. www.lakeheaders.com (shameless plug #2)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. YES!

I´m coming this year allso , from Finland... couple thousand miles :D

Though driving from Lake Worth is not so bad , few hundres miles only....

3. wakapoogee

wakapoogee
    from Germany

Hello everybody,

I am coming too ! From Europe/Germany ............. my first Turkey Run :cool:.

I can hardly wait !!!

good day,

Klaus

4. thunderplex

thunderplex

...five or six cars are leaving Wednesday morning around 7:30 am heading to Daytona. I'll be behind the wheel of this. Look for us in the infield near the last intersection going out of the fourth turn tunnel.

Attached Files:

5. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

I been going every year since 1985... I don't plan on missing this one either!! I just put a wicked 327 and 4 speed in my 55 and plan on taking it and my roadster. See you all there!

6. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Gonna bring this up again. We have a reserved parking spot for the HAMB. PM me if interested

7. mustangsix

mustangsix

I'll be there with my Latin Cruiser friends, but I'm bringing the OT Jag this year. I'll stop by. If I'm not mistaken, we're pretty close to the HAMB spot.

8. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Gregg, got the tickets, see ya there.

B:DB

9. cadman89

cadman89

I will be there again this year taking pictures for the Turkey Run Website

http://www.turkeyrun.com/photo_gallery.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look for me and say Hello... I'll be the guy with the camera in my hand.

Scott (AKA: Cadman)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  10. We'll be there...

Attached Files:

11. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

DIVCO .. "Finally closing up, and getting the toy's home, to NBS Florida"

Congrats on the move to NSB, that's close to my hometown. If you do not know of a place called Breakers on the Beach, they have the BEST burgers and Jan & Libs Hi Tops in Edgewater for some good Food and Fun, you must check it out.

Looks like we will not make it home for the Turkey Run, instead Big John is undergoing a Total Knee Replacement and altho walking is Good Therapy, the Turkey Run will walk the best of us practically to death, LOL .... You all enjoy the Sunshine State at the track by day and Belair Plaza by night, I'll be missing every minute of it, its a Great Swap Meet and Cars 4 Sale and Show for those who have never been. ;)

12. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

You first timers from across the pond BE SURE to bring your WALKING shoes, you'll need them ...... The Turkey Run is like a marathon :rolleyes::)

13. the-rodster

the-rodster

My last visit was 07.....

I want to go back....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Not going this year, but if anyone gets tangled up. needs a garage for lite repairs. I'm not a full service anything. Off I-95 a bit, in SC. As Brett Bodine would say It ain't motel 6 well leave a light on for ya. Just sayin'

15. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Once again reminding everyone about the HAMB parking. I have alot more room this year than last. PM me if interested

16. 1955merc

1955merc
    from TN

There are 14 cars coming down from Clarksville, TN ~750 miles. Some of us have been coming down for 20yrs or so. We'll be parked in the playground spots B 52,53,54. Stop by. We do spend alot of time in the swap meet. Mine is the 55Merc droptop. We leave on fri 18th and come home on monday after. John

Attached Files:

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

My Sons and I are going but leaving the cars home this year. Just want to relax, spend most of our time in the swap meet area, drink some beer, eat some Johnsonville Brats, and see lots of old friends (not in that order :D)

It's sneaking up on us pretty quick, just about 10 days till we leave. :D:D

Don

18. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I will be driving this car down,right now I am installing a rebuilt trans since I pushed my luck with the 65 dollar junkyard trans that was in it.

Attached Files:

19. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Is this Dot Copeland's old car?

20. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

^^^Unlikely^^^ I think Ray still has position of the oldest candy red paint job coupe in the universe. But I may be wrong.

Lee

21. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

I'll be holding down my swap meet space again this year. Not sure what I'm bringing but it's a good place to hang out. Yellow Field Row 9 Space 298. On the pavement, east end of the swap just before the right curve - not down one of the dirt isles. Plan to walk the swap in the early AM and then be back a the space for the rest of the day... unless I sneak off to check something out. Y'all stop by. Bob K. and Denise, hope to see you both. Oh yeah, I was at the first Daytona Run, anyone else?

Lee

22. geckotitan

geckotitan

the wife and i are flying down for the first time meetin my father there whos been going for years im really looking forward to it!

23. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

I think we're related???

24. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Lee:

Denise is not gonna make it this year. We will try to find you. We will be in the HAMB parking.

B:)B

25. dixiedog

dixiedog

US 1 is such a cool ride, divided highway you can get on before St Augustine or cruise through St Augustine and enjoy our sites.

Is anyone going to the Publix Parking lot show on A1A across from the La Playa Friday afternoon/night?

26. erlomd

erlomd

had the plane ticket paid for and everything, but alas...work duties call and I had to cancel my trip...at least theres the good guys show this weekend in scottsdale to somewhat compensate..
    its a fun show id recommend the hell out of it.
    It used to be a family tradition to go the day after thanksgiving while the girls did the hole black friday thing...but haven't been there in about 10 years since I moved to california for school, then marriage, then work...you know how it goes..
    my brother will be there to unveil his 1940 dodge truck with a blown 331 hemi for his hot rod shop MCW in Ft.Lauderdale.
    lots of pictures guys please! and have fun for all of us who can't make it this year.
    Here's a recent pic:
    [​IMG]

heres a link to my brothers build here on the hamb..
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604400

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  27. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I got the rebuilt trans and rear end in the 55 and only thing left is a new battery which will happen friday night and I am ready to head down.

28. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The two main nightime activities are the BelleAir Plaza across from the LaPlaya, and the events at the north end of the track. Cruising on A1A is cool as well as just taking a lawn chair and cooler and watching all the neat cars cruise by.

The police are pretty cool about letting rodders have fun, but they do have their limits, as they should. As long as you don't get stupid with your driving they turn a blind eye to open headers and stuff like that. Usually it is the squirrels who show up in ricers and wannabe cars that cause most of the trouble by driving like idiots, the true rodders respect the law and don't try to prove how bad their rides are.

It looks like the weather will be ok, in the 70's during the day and 60ish at night. Only Friday is looking like the possibility of rain, but in Florida you never know until it happens. Looking forward to seeing all our old friends and meeting some new ones. :)

Don

29. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

Where do ya park at when you get to the race track? Do you find a place on your own or are you assigned a spot? The car we will be driving wont be Hamb friendly, Its a 65 Impala. Are there signs up for reserve parking?

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Like BobK said, I won't be making it this year. Big Olds broke coming home from the Hunnert Car Pileup and hasn't been fixed yet. I'm down till spring. Have fun and maybe we can catch up when I get down there mid-Jan.