Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbiefrom Arizona

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 1knuckle, Nov 15, 2011.

1. 1knuckle

1knuckle
    from arizona

Hello, I am in starting a rebuild of a 1929 Model A Closed cab pickup, It has been in my family since i was a kid. It runs and drives and is all original, but I would like to bring it back to its glory. It was used as a pickup during its time so there is quite a bit of sheetmetal work to be done. thought this site would be a good place for ideas and parts. I am looking for some square flange spindles, when I removed mine I found the bearing surfaces out of round with partial speedy sleeves wedged under the bearings ;-}. Anyone know where I might pick up a set? Thanks

2. Mac's, Snyder's, Speedway have them or
    try posting in the wanted classifieds here for used ones.
    Also, check out the Ford Barn site. Lots of parts there.
    Good luck on your build and welcome from Michigan.

3. 1knuckle

1knuckle
    from arizona

Thanks, I Have the Snyders Catalog and did not see them offered. I will check out the others online.

4. Welcome, from Mammoth, Az.

5. electromet

electromet
    from Tucson, AZ

1knuckle,

Welcome from Tucson. What part of AZ do you call home?

Mike

6. 1knuckle

1knuckle
    from arizona

West of Phx. Little community called Waddell. Here is a picture of the truck last week, tonight it will be just a frame and motor in the garage. Gona have the frame blasted this weekend. Today I got the fenders, splash guards, running boards and radiator off. We took the bed off on the weekend and the cab will be lifted off tonight.

Attached Files:

7. electromet

electromet
    from Tucson, AZ

Looks like a lot of possibilities to me. Enjoy yourself, and please keep us updated.

Mike

8. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana

9. welcome from calif...please consider a build thread....love to learn about model A's!

10. jer11ren

jer11ren

Welcome from Avondale, AZ! Nice truck. I wanted an A truck, but am a little too tall!

11. Roach Studios

Roach Studios

Welcome to the HAMB! From Columbus, OH