Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1930 Model A Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billthx138, Oct 18, 2009.

1. donkeyfarm

donkeyfarm

Killer build! I'm starting my build similar to how your doing yours. Your going to have one hell of a car when its done. Cutting up and modifying stockers was the birthday place of hot rodding I thought.

2. billthx138

billthx138

Hey next time your at So-Cal Vegas maybe I'll have it there.

If it wasn't a one year only sbc, '57 283, I would agree. However, I've found it was not easy finding one, let alone a 270 hp 097 cam motor. So, with that I think it counts as traditional....

3. That stance is killer.
    I love it.
    I loved it when It was stock too.
    I dont know which one is cooler....

4. Ditto

I started out with a nice coupe myself, got yelled at by the same crowd.
    I think you've done a great job,keep on keeping on bro, looks killer.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  5. 55chevr

55chevr

How much is the drop in the axle? The stance is perfect.

6. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I hate to see such a nice car cut up, I have one stock A, one with a warmed over banger motor and one with a flathead V8 and never started with that nice a car. Only one that started as a complete car is my stocker, my avatar was a field car and had a V8 60, my pickup started with a haytruck cab and my sport coupe was bought as a pile of pieces at an auction. Leave the nice ones for the restorers.

7. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

Nice! Good choice. I wouldn't be able to tolerate a stocker, no matter how nice it is.

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finally had a chance to look through this build. FANTASTIC! Great stance, chop, etc.!

What part of Vegas are you in??

9. http://www.fordbarn.com/ ;)

10. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

nice car subscribed.

11. Mrjona55

Mrjona55

Love your car !!!!!

12. billthx138

billthx138

I finally got to work on the coupe, getting the body work done and in final primer. Starting to look like a hotrod, most of the hard stuff is done now its down to the small stuff.....hundred here hundred there an so on.

Attached Files:

13. Well, that does it.....I'm buying a 32 frame.

Looks super good as is. can't wait to see it finished.

14. przybyl28

przybyl28

im 19 and ive got my original / restored model A ? i dont think im gonna be getting old an dying anytime soon ?

15. A Rodder

A Rodder

You and me both!

16. So Bill, lookin' better each time, how close to loadin' up and haulin' north?

17. A Rodder

A Rodder

Im on I-5, you better stop by and let me drool on that car!

18. daddio211

daddio211

The car is coming together beautifully. One thought (from a design perspective), have you considered rounding the bottom of the cowl where it overlaps the frame? I'm not talking about a "sweep" like a '32 but just trimming the corner with the radius of a quarter or nickel. Where the lines meet now they just kind of "crash" with no flow.

19. lazee

lazee

when the start is perfect or ragged out, it is just a piece of paper for the artist to paint on. have fun building your dream.

20. billthx138

billthx138

As a matter of fact it's going in the trailer this weekend and heading up on monday. I was hoping to get a little more done before this trip up but moving is just not fun.

21. billthx138

billthx138

Two things, I think the body edge emphasizes the mild channel and two, once the frame is painted the same color it shouldn't be as dramatic as it is right now. I have seen, here on the HAMB and elsewhere guys grafting the lower reveals from a deuce to clean up the lower belt line, I like it but I think K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid is easier for me.

22. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

I just love it! An "A" on deuce rails is just it for me and this sure is turning out to be a nice one!!!

23. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Model A Gomez: "I hate to see such a nice car cut up...leave the nice ones for the restorers."

How about we cut up and hot rod the nice ones, and leave the rusted and dented ones for the 'restorers'?

Your car is down right bitchen! And I'd do the same thing. Starting with a really nice car is so much less work. There's enough work to do alraedy, building a hot rod!

24. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

Billthx138.....Thanks for sharing this build. Your ideas are spot on for what I have ahead of me on my Tudor build. Great work.

Boxcar

25. Well hot rod the bitch.... wtf? haha :D

26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't get some of you guys. The museums are full. History has been preserved. Everyone who wants a restored Model A has one, or can still get one, if they want. If somebody really wanted this restored one, they would have purchased it. All of the demand has been and is being met. There are still plenty of nice ones out there, and yet, some of you feel it necessary to give this dude flack for starting with the nicest car he could afford.

Not all of us really want to spend all of our limited spare time welding dust to shadows, after fabricating 82% of a replacement body from scratch and ill-fitting mis-manufactured patch panels.

Lighten up, Frances.

27. H-MAN

H-MAN
    from Raleigh NC

+1.

28. Man...this is the decision I am struggling with. After seeing this build and how kick-friggin-ass it looks, I think I'm looking for deuce rails. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures

29. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

X2

There isn't a day that goes by that i wish i could find an original/stock and unmolested A like that. To see one cut up in that original condition is heartbreaking. To each his own but there are still some out there who like the original stuff. Everytime i find an original A in my area it is either insanely priced or should be hauled to the scrap yard.

30. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

I know I'm reposting your own picture, but I love this shot... I hope my
    Tudor turns out even close to this cool one day.. Keep up the good work!

Attached Files: