Register now to get rid of these ads!

new HAMBer fome California

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Nolando, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Nolando

Nolando

Hey guys, My name's Nolan. I'm 18, and i have 2 1965 Chevelles and a 1965 Olds 442. The Chevelles are 4 doors (yes, i know. Crack your jokes) Ones a builder, and the other is a rolling shell that im trying to sell to fund the 442 project.

The one good Chevelle is my daily driver. I bought it with a smashed front from a kid in Sac. I had a bunch of extra fenders and hoods in my yard that i threw on. I ditched the V8 350 for a 230 L6. Before you get mad at me for doing that, the 350 had 200xxx miles on it and was foulin plugs left and right due to a leaky carb. I built the 230 and stuck a Powerglide behind it. That does not give me the mileage i wanted, so I went and picked up a Borg Warner T50 for $250 with all new everything (steal, right?) Hopefully I'll have that put in by the end of the year. All thats left is the rest of the bodywork and some paint and it will be good to go.

The 442 i picked up as a rolling shell and it still is. My plans are as follows:
    1. Remove body from frame.
    2. sandblast and paint frame and all suspension components.
    3. Lower entire car 2-3 inches all the way around (not stupid low, just enough to get the agressive stance I want)
    4. replace every bushing and ball joint with Moog components.
    5. sand blast body and prime and paint white.
    6. Find an Olds 400 and rebuild with new everything and try to put about 500hp to the wheels.
    7. find a 4 speed setup and install.
    8. get all black interior and be ready to roll.

Will post pictures of both the Chevelle and the 442 builds.

Attached Files:

2. Dude! Welcome to the HAMB from up HW50 in placerville!

gonna have to see those cars around town sometime!

did you go to pondo?

Luke

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  3. Welcome aboard the H.A.M.B.!

4. spikez57

spikez57

Welcome from N.E~~~o-HI-o

5. Nolando

Nolando

just graduated last year! been working at an auto shop here in Cameron Park and buildin a ton of cars. Finished an engine swap in my buddys 79 camaro. The bright orange one. Also finished putting together the 72 challenger with my friend that rolls around from time to time (flat black). Definitely gotta keep in touch cuz im gonna need some parts!

6. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

7. Hell yeah bro. Do you work down there with Jerry Byers at Cameron Park AutoBody?

8. Nolando

Nolando

i don't work there, but I have met him a few times. David Sosa works there and I went to school with him and i do know him pretty well. I work at Axis Automotive. It used to be at that old dodge dealership on the corner of 50 and Pondo Road, but we moved to Cameron Park Drive.

9. ohh gotcha. Right on man. Well hopefully we'll see ya around.
    If you see me driving my 53 around wave me down

10. Nolando

Nolando

for sure. I see the car and I have to ask if you know Christian Pederson?

11. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

Welcome from middle America!

12. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

13. The name sounds kinda familiar but i dont off the top of my head.
    I went to Union Mine so i know alot of ppl from there and the Placerville area

14. Roach Studios

Roach Studios

Welcome to the HAMB! From Columbus, OH