Register now to get rid of these ads!

Somedays you just gotta enjoy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseville carl, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Took a day to relax with friends some old some new but all with the same view on life yes Virginia the world is Flat!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had a great Saturday watchin a bunch of Flathead guys helping each other out, actually I didn't do much helpin just enjoyin lunch and yakkin about all things Flat. Thanks Tim for the invite neat place you got there and a great thing you guys did for Brent and Jim with the birthday gifts! (they allowed the two birthday boys to pick out some flathead related parts and interesting old things from a pile of stuff) one got a V8 60 head and the other got an old moon hand fuel pump, way too kool.........

2. looks like one of those "what a day" days.

3. Original57

Original57

Looks like it was a great day. :)

4. Thant's what this Hobby is all about...

5. Jealous! Looks like a great way to spend the day.

6. We had a great day. Come on up and hang out anytime Carl. We got Brent on the road home about 9pm after bleeding the brakes and tightening up a few other items.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  7. brady1929

brady1929

man do i love that 28/29 roadster

8. the other me

the other me

man do I love that shop.....

9. Jim

Jim

Brent and I knew that we were going up there to work on his roadster as a present to ourselves but the get together for lunch with friends was an added bonus! THANKS to everyone...

Carl, you and I will have to do another post after our little project is done;)
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1321330359.448231.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  10. Yep Jim, you need to do a re-build thread as thats one fine coupe you got there

11. JJTF

JJTF

x2!

12. Looks like a good time! And finally a glimpse of Tim's new project...love it.

I'm glad to see Brent didn't lock the keys in his roadster.

13. 59 monkey

59 monkey

That was one of the best hot rod days/birthdays a guy could have:
    1) Driving up hill at dawn to Tim's house {and swerving to miss a couple of exploded deer} was a great way to start any day, 2) Working on my roadster all day with a bunch of great flathead guys {who couldn't be happy}, 3) Getting to go to lunch with the same guys and eat corned beef {needed a pepcid later}, 4) Having Tim's wife Linda bring out some rad hot rod birthday cakes {for both Jim and me}, 5) Getting to choose a rad flathead birthday gift from Flathead Fred, and 5) Driving home late at night in the roadster {hoping to miss the same deer}. And the best gift was the next day, no huge tranny leak under my car anymore! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HUNG OUT, PITCHED IN, GAVE ADVICE AND MADE THE DAY COOLER THAN POSSIBLE. Wish my birthday came every month.

Attached Files:

14. Yea Brent it was uber cool seeing you two going through the pile to pick something out, great day!! Hey give me a call when you get a chance....

15. It was nice that Flathead Fred could run home and get tranny mount parts for us. He's got a better supply for us than Napa Auto parts!

16. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Man, sounds like a good time!!! Like everyone else...I love that green roadster! It's just perfect in every way, shape, and form!