Register now to get rid of these ads!

Late Models at Goodguys events?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speedyg948, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fbama73

fbama73

I don't know what the turnout is like at the GG in your area, but at Indy, there is plenty for a trad rod guy like you (or me). The "credit card cars" do very little for me, but I always find plenty of great cars and people at Indy Goodguys.

And the whole notion of being a bit more open to car guys (especially young ones) from other sects of the car hobby is obviously smart. How many people that are now HAMB types started out in the mini- truck craze?

2. And then they have the nerve to actually pay the Editor guy with the ! in his name, so he goes and becomes a "Gold Chainer" with things like May Cause Dangerous and Mother F***ing Space Olympics. :eek:
    Corporate greed indeed

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

That's why I let my Goodguys and NSRA membership lapse. If I want to see new cars, I'll go to the dealers.

4. Danog

Danog

I myself like smaller shows, but you need the big shows to spark others interest. GG and NSRA is an business, which other business use to sell and promote there products. Without peoples interest or money the whole hobby can take a shit. With the States pushing new laws and regs, We have stand together as "Car Guys". I don't want a new car with 20's or to look at new car at a show, but ther money helps us as well as are own to keep the hobby going.

5. if they keep it a "sunday only" event I'm ok with it. I'm never there on sunday anyways. But I do enjoy the event when its here in town.

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Because you don't like 100-200 cars out of 2500-6500? Wow.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm struggling to see how this news or even this particular show is relevant to the HAMB.

I mean, we are a really focused relatively small group of folks that are mostly into traditional hot rods and customs. I don't do the big car show thing, but I don't think Goodguys has ever been that focused has it? It's a giant catch all, right?

From what I understand, some people totally dig that. Even if it's not my thing or the thing of most on here, I don't really see anything wrong with that. I don't think it makes the folks greedy. I mean, they are just running a business. Part of running a business is to understand your market. Obviously, those folks are pretty confident that broadening their horizons will make more people happy and bring in more profit. Good for them.

At the end of the day, that's their call. If you don't like it, just don't go. Instead, hit up the smaller shows and stay focused on what ya really love. That's what I do... and it's not because I hate Goodguys or think NSRA is a bunch of shit... They just aren't my thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.