Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have XM radio?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thewishartkid, Nov 12, 2011.

1. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Seems like a natural to me. You can play 50s music all the time. But what do with the antennia?

2. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

3. WDobos

WDobos

I put it on the roof untill I get to the cruise/show, then throw it behind the seat untill it's time to leave.

4. I have it in my O/T daily. Love being able to find stations that play exactly what I'm in the mood for.

5. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Have it in my daily and my work vehicle. Once you go to satelite you will never want regular radio again.

6. axle

axle
    from Drag City

XM isn't what it used to be. 50's channel , 60's channel , Blues channel, Country channel - half of the great Deejays were laid off, and they actually play 60's music on the 50's channel and visa versa . weird . Still beats regular radio though.

7. Tony

Tony

I have sirius, pretty much the same though..
    I hide the antenna, in plain site. It was in the far pass corner of the dash on my old 53 Chevy Bel Air, and on my 52 Chevy truck, it's on top of the drivers bed rail all the way up by the cab.
    A few have seen them and asked what it was..i could care less really, i like music too much to be concerned. :)

Tony

8. DeepSea Fish

DeepSea Fish

We have it on the boat, Hot Rods, daily, & motorcycle. I'm on Sirius (XM-Sirius) and we love it. Kevin at Ooltewah Speed Shop turned us on to it a few years ago when they were down here on vacation. FM radio is just a thing of the past, as far as we are concerned. We hide the antenna if possible, but really not concerned about it because it's so small.

9. I like the Radio Classics Channel 82 in my OT. Makes a 45 minute commute go a lot faster and I'll sit in the parking lot at work to find out who done it.

10. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

I have to agree. They deleted my favorite channel "America" think it was XM 10. No other station plays the music they played, but I still love satelite radio.

11. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Bring back Matt the Cat !

Attached Files:

12. deucemanab

deucemanab

Love the bluegrass music

13. Classic Vinyl rules. I grew up in late 60's early 70's. My antenna is about the size of a White Castle burger and fits on the dash. we have the one that looks like a cell phone and take it everywere.

14. I had Sat radio for years. I got so sick of the DJs I finally cancelled it. I didnt pay to hear a bunch of lame ass jokes and have people talking 30 seconds in to a song.

But like others have said, its easy enough to toss the antenna behind a seat or something.

15. Arominus

Arominus

I had it for a while, but they kept squeezing more and more channels into the same bandwidth. I gave up on it as i had a really good stereo in my OT daily and it sounded like shit compared to the CD's i was listening to the rest of the time. Now i just have an ipod classic filled with what i want and i occasionally listen to the local college radio station. I also stream pandora via my smart phone a bit, and it sounds better than XM ever did.

16. big creep

big creep

xm sucks balls now! same with sirius! i think they joint forces. pandora is how i roll now!

17. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Had XM for awhile. After a bit, it's the same old tired ex MTV jocks yammering on and on. And the music doesn't change much week to week. I let it lapse.

18. RatRoy

RatRoy

Have XM in the wife's car and prefer CD's in the "40".:)

19. onedge

onedge

Yes... it's good, not as it was, but better than not having it. I dont care for the ipod way also.

20. 56Mainline

56Mainline

Had Sirius in two vehicles for several years prior to the merger with XM. After they merged, they screwed up the channels we listened to. Used to be great, then they added drive time shows to those channels and all you heard was stupid people yakking instead of music. Which was why we switched from FM radio in the first place, to avoid the drive shows with all the talking and very little music. Some people like that and that's great but it was not a good fit for us. So we canceled in both cars and went with MP3's on a USB stick.

21. Deuces

Deuces

I don't need an extra bill to pay...:rolleyes:
    Long live FM radio!! :D

22. Rock and roll from outer space! How can you not love it?
    I agree that with the Sirius/XM merge we get too much talk, less music. It still beats the local stuff though.

23. Paul Windshield

Paul Windshield

I love my XM. Sounds like you guys listen to the a different channel than I do.
    I don't have it in either of my my hot rods, I couldn't hear it if I did.
    Channel 60 is my choice it's a country and rock mix.
    Hank Sr to Reverend Horton Heat with the Stones, Beatles and others.
    Some of the songs are pretty raunchy, but so are are the DJs at times.
    Not alot of talk, no commercials, just good music.

24. xlr8er

xlr8er

I've had XM for several years at this point. I really like it. It's in my daily driver, a couple of the old cars and my work vehicle. I'm on the road for 12 hrs at a time and it really helps pass the miles away.

The 50's channel, old school country, a talk station and the comedy channel!!

25. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

I used to have Sirius Satellite radio , and I had it for 6 years , every year the price got bumped up $10-$15 a year for "music royalties" and other shit , I kept up with although I bitched about it , but , the day that "Bubba the Love Sponge" left for radioio.com , I left with it , I just didn't go with internet radio as of yet , I got real tired of reruns of Howard Stern , he's ok , but , nowhere near the radio time he gets...

26. I have a portable XM unit that i use in the Hot Rod. Just put the antenna on the seat and then hide it. I have Sirius in the DD. I don't know what channels these whiners are listening to, but I don't find that there is much talk at all on the ones I listen to and the music is great - no traffic, weather, or news is fine with me. BB King blues, Deep Tracks, Classic Vinyl, Classical , they all work for me. And the instant traffic for LA is invaluable when you need it, then change right back to the music.

27. rld14

rld14

I have it in my OT stuff, and I wouldn't be without it.. I grew up on Howard Stern anbd that's why I had to have it.

I have the app on my iPhone so I play it in my ford via that (I run a small hidden amp that uses a 3.5mm input)

28. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I put it in the van before the 2500 mile trip to Vegas, and dont know how I ever did without it. I had about 10,000 songs on my ipod, and with that amount of travel it even got old......its nice to hear some talk now and again.

I put my antennae on the dash near the rubber seal and you dont really notice it

29. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i've got the 50's on 5 tuned in insidemydaily driver '11 jeep :) I love it but the onl downfall is that we live in hilly terrain and tree covered roads and unless your on the highway the satellite radio cuts out alot

30. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

We've had XM at the shop for many moons now & we love it . We listen to a really wide variety of stuff , One day we'll listen to 40's stuff , then another we might be listening to Radio Classics (we LOVE Johnny Dollar & stuff like the Shadow/the Whistler/suspense) and then the next day we might have Classic Vinyl or Willie's Roadhouse or who knows what . The variety is great , and you can listen to what YOU want when YOU want it . One major bitch I have about it is COMMERCIALS on all non-music stuff ... WTF is all that money we send 'em for ?? Sometimes the music library gets a bit stale (i.e. repeats) , but it still beats the shit outta terrestrial radio , IMHO .