Register now to get rid of these ads!

'Metal of Honor' 32 Ford Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doctor Detroit, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I happened to see this very cool '32 Ford recently. It has a lot of great details in person. It may be at the Chicago World of Wheels this coming weekend. The story behind it is pretty interesting, which is why I am including the links below. You can also see the build photos there. According to the website, the Metal of Honor '32 Ford will be auctioned off and the money with go to a 'Scholarship Fund for the Children of Slain and Disabled Soldiers'.

http://www.ironmenfoundation.org/About_Us_Full_Story.html
    http://www.ironmenfoundation.org/Metal_of_Honor.html

Full disclosure: I am not affiliated with this car or foundation and have nothing to gain by posting this. I just thought it was a really cool car that others may want to see.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is the car a true "METAL" of honor----------OR a phony glass one? (Korean Vet)

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That's a steel body. OT car but good intentions. i hope they make a million dollars.

4. yblock292

yblock292

saw the car at the GNRS, really a nice build plus the guy that was showing the car was a super guy, asked my gal if she wanted her pix taken with the car , so he opeded the door and let her sit in it and took pixs. Great cause.

5. American Hellbilly

American Hellbilly
    from Seymour,IN

I'm into the digi camo, but I really dig the cause.

6. jtw37

jtw37

Seen this car at the National Street Rod Association - Nats North (Kalamazoo, Mi.) this past weekend. On the trunk lid were signatures of Veteran's and the time they served. The stories that went along with each signature were stories of bravery and one Vet that threw himself on a grenade. The grenade was a dud (of course). One Vet that signed was 93 years old. Cool car. Great cause. God Bless our Soldiers and Vet's.

7. D-man313

D-man313

Also saw it at Kalamazoo this past weekend. Very beautiful car for a great cause

8. I did the interior. I love how the entire car came together

9. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I just saw this video this morning while surfing. Terrific cause and to correct jtw37, those 46 signatures on the trunk lid are not just veterans but 46 MEDAL OF HONOR recipients! Now that is pretty damn special. Being a vet myself I appreciate this church and all the guys who donated to this project. Someone commented the car was OT, but I would respectfully disagree. How much more on topic for the HAMB than a bunch of gear heads donating parts to a deuce roadster that will provide money for scholarships for children of fallen warriors? Here is a link to the video for those that haven't seen the car.
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/scholarship-for-children-of-fallen-disabled-warriors-27819348.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Fus-15749625%252Fscholarship-for-children-of-fallen-disabled-warriors-27819348.html